• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've had my dual strand since July. It's starting to show some nice signs of wear. I found that if you wear the bracelet so the latch is facing up, it comes undone much more infrequently. I originally wore the bracelet so the latch was facing down and almost always got it caught on a shirt I was trying to put on or take off.

CEE88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by v3l
That bag looks great! Anyone have any experience with it?
I've been to the Beckel store in Portland and checked out all their stuff -- tents, bags, etc.

http://beckelcanvas.com/products.php

The canvas is thick and the zippers are substantial. They are initally stiff but they are supposed to break in and loosen with wear. It's very high quality. I've gotten several of their bags and am thinking about a tent (which are amazing).

CEE88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajchen
fall09_1.jpg

Our first shipment of Fall09 collection is now shipping to retailers; it's also available currently at Self Edge NY and on our webstore. Here are a few pieces we wanted to highlight:

First up we have our Waxed Canvas Stadium Jacket, available in Black and Olive. The jacket shell is a 5.5oz waxed poly/canvas material, and is made in the U.S. Other features include black ribbing, quilted jersey lining, and a gunmetal zipper.

ow_wcbb_1_medium.jpg
ow_wcbo_1_medium.jpg

We're also delivering the Shawl Collar Sweater and Mock Neck Crew. The Shawl Collar Sweater is a slim-fitting midweight cotton knit featuring a wooden toggle, and the Mock Neck Crew is a modified version of our crewneck sweatshirt with an added tall mock neck and slim shoulder epaulets.

tp_shac_1_medium.jpg
tp_mnkc_1_medium.jpg

Lastly, we've released our Crosscut Flannel for the Fall in a Red Twill material - it's extremely soft and wears well as a layering piece for colder days. The shirt features matte black buttons and angled pocket flap detailing... definitely one of our favorites of the season.

sh_ccrt_1_medium.jpg

The balance of our collection should be available in the coming weeks.

interesting collection. i especially like that red flannel shirt.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^That isn't the black coated one is it?

Also I like the olive stadium jacket

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just realized the leg opening on the ST's got a bit smaller on the fresh batch. That's a pretty big drop off in the 32s from the 33s.

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I just realized the leg opening on the ST's got a bit smaller on the fresh batch. That's a pretty big drop off in the 32s from the 33s.
Good eye. I don't know why the cut wasn't like that to begin with; the bootcut on the smaller sizes was wacky. I had thought about having my ST's tapered but I just left them because they looked alright with boots. There was also a change in the cut of the SL's after the first lot. I guess there's some consolation in having a pair of each in the first lot, from a "collector's" perspective.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anybody provide insight on the SL-100x?
Sizing? Bleeding?
Worth the money?
Thx.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I'm assuming it's because of the longer inseam (so that it doesn't taper down to the calf and then randomly straighten out)

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
Can anybody provide insight on the SL-100x?
Look 4 posts above yours, or search for any of my posts in this thread.
Sizing?
Depends on your bodily proportions, although they are vanity sized (waist measures larger than tagged size). I would size according to the measurements on SelfEdge.
Bleeding?
Minimal for raw denim, but like all raw denim they will bleed more when wet.
Worth the money?
Great denim, hardware, and construction for a competitive price. For me, that's a yes.

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK

Originally Posted by PeterParker
Good eye. I don't know why the cut wasn't like that to begin with; the bootcut on the smaller sizes was wacky. I had thought about having my ST's tapered but I just left them because they looked alright with boots.

Originally Posted by KitAkira
I'm assuming it's because of the longer inseam (so that it doesn't taper down to the calf and then randomly straighten out)
Just to clarify, I was referring to the change in the leg opening measurement after the first lot, or change in inseam length. Before, the leg opening on the smaller sizes measured slightly larger than the knee, and the larger sizes were basically straight from the knee down. The leg opening now measures less than the knee on all sizes making it a true tapered cut, as the name of the cut suggests.

blantonator

Reaction score
The 3sixteen SL's (straight leg) have caught my eye.

I wear regular ralphs most the time, but also own New standards and slim jims. The NS were a little too tapered and the slim jims are too tight in the thighs How would the SL's compare to the jeans I own? I want something like thew standards with less taper, but not as relaxed as the regular ralphs.

Thanks,

Ben

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blantonator
The 3sixteen SL's (straight leg) have caught my eye. I wear regular ralphs most the time, but also own New standards and slim jims. The NS were a little too tapered and the slim jims are too tight in the thighs How would the SL's compare to the jeans I own? I want something like thew standards with less taper, but not as relaxed as the regular ralphs. Thanks, Ben
The SL cut is similar to the NS, although from the measurements they seem to be less tapered with a slightly larger leg opening. I'm not too familiar with the Regular Ralph/Alf cut, but the fit of the SL through the thighs is definitely looser than the Slim Jims. The SL cut can have a slim silhouette is sized correctly. Depending on your measurements, I'd say sizing down 1 or 2 from your true waist (the same or +1 from your APC size) will you give you a great fit.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thx for all of the input.
What are shrinkage.
I am going to need to hem these. Do I need to add extra length to account for shrinkage?

PeterParker

Reaction score
My SL's have been soaked once and washed twice. They have shrunk less than an inch in the inseam, although I don't see why you couldn't stretch them back out while they were damp. Shrinkage in all other dimensions was around 0.25", although they stretch back out pretty quickly.

If you're wondering about stretching, mine stretched 0.5" in the waist (from the initial measurements) and they fit perfectly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads