• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spreadcollar

Reaction score
edit: body fit is ok - the chest seems big? i wouldn't spend more at the tailor with this shirt because the shoulders seem big, which you really can't fix, so it's never going to be quite right. sleeves look ok, but it's up to your preference. of course, don't shorten them if you haven't washed it yet.
Originally Posted by wagthesam
Judge the fit of this oxford I just got back from the tailor: I'm thinking slim the sleeves a bit more and also shorten them a bit more.

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shoulders is actually perfect, it only looks off because the waves around the shoulders and the bad picture quaity. It actually sits right on the part where its supposed to sit.

If you think that arms look good though, I think I'm good.

spreadcollar

Reaction score
to be honest it looks like you started with a shirt 1 size too big and got the body tapered. the sleeves could definitely be slimmed in proportion to the taper, imo. but i think the chest/shoulders look are big, too.

Originally Posted by wagthesam
The shoulders is actually perfect, it only looks off because the waves around the shoulders and the bad picture quaity. It actually sits right on the part where its supposed to sit.

If you think that arms look good though, I think I'm good.

jakejake

Reaction score
I have an extra pair of one wash 32x32 I can let go for $80 shipped if anyone interested. Actual waist is ~34". Best denim and wash of all the jeans I own (APC, LVC, Samurai). This pair don't have stitching in the back pockets.

__CB__

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bassmanpatsfan18
Well considering that none of the "boring" RRL range is online and that it is difficult to find in person, a couple oxfords and jeans on Gilt would have been nice.

Well at least Farinelli's, Barneys etc carry those... you never see most those accessories outside of RRL stores in the U.S.

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
Originally Posted by __CB__
Well at least Farinelli's, Barneys etc carry those... you never see most those accessories outside of RRL stores in the U.S.

True true. For the record, I bought a canvas bifold and a slim belt. The leather looks like it should be nice.

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spreadcollar
to be honest it looks like you started with a shirt 1 size too big and got the body tapered. the sleeves could definitely be slimmed in proportion to the taper, imo. but i think the chest/shoulders look are big, too.

yup, definitely too big.

thomasec

Reaction score
So I tried combing through this entire thread but couldn't find an answer.

Do RRL sweaters/cardigans fit pretty true to size?

I really dig this medium cardigan I saw online, but the sizing posted seems to be much more generous than most mediums (23" pit to pit).

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thomasec
So I tried combing through this entire thread but couldn't find an answer. Do RRL sweaters/cardigans fit pretty true to size? I really dig this medium cardigan I saw online, but the sizing posted seems to be much more generous than most mediums (23" pit to pit).
In recent seasons, RRL has been a bit more in check with sizing but a lot of the stuff on ebay comes from older collections where sizing was all over the place and more often than not pretty generous.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do the RRL flannel shirts compare to their oxfords in terms of fit? Thinking about getting a flannel, they are some of the best I've seen in the stores this season

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just tried on a couple of this season's--the selvage oxford, and the two flannel workshirts. The flannels fit a little roomier than the oxfords, but no so much that I'd size down. I agree, they're really nice looking this fall.

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they are a little roomier, but not enough to size down. More of a classic fit.

Love the chambray, a little longer and a bit roomy, but still like it.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how do RRL chinos and cords fit? Are they vanity sized?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads