• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
rather neat looking watch from my father, i thought it rather distinct but "busy"

couldn't get any decent pics but here's a pic i found of the exact watch

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j149/marsupialedman10/Wittnauer2002.jpg

Kookz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
My local Torneau called me today and said they got in a used Glashutte Panomaticlunar and that they were holding it for me. I get there and its a different model Pano. I am bummed.
frown.gif
Its so pretty:

Panomatic01.jpg

Beautiful. Any idea what they were asking for it?

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Althis
rather neat looking watch from my father, i thought it rather distinct but "busy"

couldn't get any decent pics but here's a pic i found of the exact watch

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j149/marsupialedman10/Wittnauer2002.jpg

Nifty - these perpetual calendars come up every now and then. Not your in the herd watch.

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
My local Torneau called me today and said they got in a used Glashutte Panomaticlunar and that they were holding it for me. I get there and its a different model Pano. I am bummed.
frown.gif
Its so pretty:

Panomatic01.jpg

There's one for sale on TimeZone now.

tor

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for a nice watch that won't break the bank (read: my broke college ass). I really love the vintage Omega Seamasters, but the ones I've seen on ebay are just awful. I really like the look of this particular seamaster:
12560-1.jpg

Unfortunately, it is $750, and at that price, I think I would just buy a Stowa Ikarus or No Logo Airman, not to mention that it's going to take a while for me to save up that much money, as I partially pay for my tuition, and I am almost certain the watch will have been sold. Do you have any ideas on where I can get a good, certifiably authentic, Omega Seamaster in that particular make? (no date, steel preferably, those hands, etc.)

Thanks.

tor

Cornellian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tor
Hi guys, I'm looking for a nice watch that won't break the bank (read: my broke college ass). I really love the vintage Omega Seamasters, but the ones I've seen on ebay are just awful. I really like the look of this particular seamaster:
12560-1.jpg
Unfortunately, it is $750, and at that price, I think I would just buy a Stowa Ikarus or No Logo Airman, not to mention that it's going to take a while for me to save up that much money, as I partially pay for my tuition, and I am almost certain the watch will have been sold. Do you have any ideas on where I can get a good, certifiably authentic, Omega Seamaster in that particular make? (no date, steel preferably, those hands, etc.) Thanks. tor

I was going to say check out www.europeanwatch.com, but I see that's where you lifted the pic from. I've never bought from them, but have heard good things.

tor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cornellian
I was going to say check out www.europeanwatch.com, but I see that's where you lifted the pic from. I've never bought from them, but have heard good things.

As have I, which is why I checked them out in the first place haha.

The quest continues...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tor
12560-1.jpg

Unfortunately, it is $750, and at that price, I think I would just buy a Stowa Ikarus or No Logo Airman, not to mention that it's going to take a while for me to save up that much money, as I partially pay for my tuition, and I am almost certain the watch will have been sold. Do you have any ideas on where I can get a good, certifiably authentic, Omega Seamaster in that particular make? (no date, steel preferably, those hands, etc.)

Thanks.

tor

I gave this exact same watch out of my collection to a friend for his birthday 3 or 4 years ago. I can't believe people ask $750 for it now. What I paid started with a 2

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pandamonium
Be prepared to pay even more.
No I really doubt it. I'm pretty sure I could source another one for way less than $750

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tor
12560-1.jpg

Thanks.

tor

I'm not sure what the problem is. Here are 4 pics of Omega watches from ebay that I bid on (none of which I won), and each of which I think looks better than what you posted:

2503638.jpg

23gzcy0.jpg

2gwattw.jpg

2lw661d.jpg

The prices at which these Omegas were won range from $200 - $350. I really don't think authenticity is a problem. Then again, I know very little about watches, and am pretty stingy when it comes to spending. Hence, the fact that I lost all auctions. But, man, I really wanted 1 and 4 especially, and number 3.

tor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
No I really doubt it. I'm pretty sure I could source another one for way less than $750
Where would you be finding these?
eh.gif
I would love to pay $2xx for one of those...
Originally Posted by somatoform
I'm not sure what the problem is. Here are 4 pics of Omega watches from ebay that I bid on (none of which I won), and each of which I think looks better than what you posted:
2503638.jpg
23gzcy0.jpg
2gwattw.jpg
2lw661d.jpg
The prices at which these Omegas were won range from $200 - $350. I really don't think authenticity is a problem. Then again, I know very little about watches, and am pretty stingy when it comes to spending. Hence, the fact that I lost all auctions. But, man, I really wanted 1 and 4 especially, and number 3.

I don't really like any of those designs to be frank. I really think that the date detracts from the elegance of the watch, imo. I found one, actually. http://cgi.ebay.com/Omega-Automatic-...item4837f878c6 Unfortunately, I don't have the funds for it right now, and the auction is ending in <2 days. :I Also, can anyone give me info on the cal 55x movements? I've heard they're great, but in my cursory research I haven't found many details on it. Why is it so great?

george88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
After seeing some nice watch pics in other threads, I thought this forum deserved its very own watch p0rn thread.

So here is a home to post your pictures of your watches (I think it's more interesting if we stick to our own watches rather than reposting stock photos or other people's scans)

here we go..

P1040604.jpg

P1040587.jpg

P1040580.jpg

P1040518.jpg

some Lemania love...

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice to see another Cosmonaute.
cosmonaute.jpg

evanrose

Reaction score
After long, long last, I have finally looked at every page of the watch P0rn thread and now I can post a pic of one of my watches.

My Grandfather's Wittnauer which was at that time part of another watch company whose name I can't remember. JLC perhaps? Anyway, this thing had fallen apart and rotted away and I had Central Watch Band put it back together. It needs a band and different hands on the chronos (notice how they don't match) but it's a nice thing to have and I'm looking forward to wearing it at some point.

If anyone were able to throw out any of their thoughts as to the age of the watch or any other info, that would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads