• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine's Heritage Line...

themaskedcorndog

Reaction score
I got the Darby boots in the mail thursday. I don't have a camera at college so if i post pictures it won't be today.

I got them in 10.5. I wear a 13 in adidas sambas and vans slip-ons, 12 in sperry topsiders, 11 in clarks DBs and 11 in chucks. The desert boots are a tiny bit too big in 11 but the wolverine boots are about perfect in 10.5. I'm 6' and about 145 lbs if you care.

The boots are terrific. Included in the box was a tin which I assumed contained papers of authenticity or something dumb but instead it contained a brush, soft cloth, a bottle of leather conditioner, and a little case of leather cream. I've already walked at least 5 miles in them being a student on a pretty large campus and having to do things all over campus.

I don't know anything about leather really so I can't say anything about that. A few of my friends commented on the quality of the leather and I think they know their **** but I wouldn't swear to it.

Great buy! A+++++++++

Brian1976

Reaction score
Originally Posted by themaskedcorndog
I got the Darby boots in the mail thursday. I don't have a camera at college so if i post pictures it won't be today.

I got them in 10.5. I wear a 13 in adidas sambas and vans slip-ons, 12 in sperry topsiders, 11 in clarks DBs and 11 in chucks. The desert boots are a tiny bit too big in 11 but the wolverine boots are about perfect in 10.5. I'm 6' and about 145 lbs if you care.

The boots are terrific. Included in the box was a tin which I assumed contained papers of authenticity or something dumb but instead it contained a brush, soft cloth, a bottle of leather conditioner, and a little case of leather cream. I've already walked at least 5 miles in them being a student on a pretty large campus and having to do things all over campus.

I don't know anything about leather really so I can't say anything about that. A few of my friends commented on the quality of the leather and I think they know their **** but I wouldn't swear to it.

Great buy! A+++++++++

I've been looking at the Linden shoes from this Heritage line, the size info that you posted is very helpful, thank you!

helo

Reaction score
I bought a pair of ascots that should be coming in the mail sometime soon, i'll post some pics as soon as they get here.

splattered

Reaction score
wtf? Darbys came with all of that? That sounds 10x nicer than the montgomerey's ... i'll have to check them out. I was interested in the darby/ascot before but didnt see them for purchase anywhere. Where are you getting them from?

themaskedcorndog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
wtf? Darbys came with all of that? That sounds 10x nicer than the montgomerey's ... i'll have to check them out. I was interested in the darby/ascot before but didnt see them for purchase anywhere. Where are you getting them from?

http://www.littlesshoes.com/Products.asp?pid=1110

I called and ordered on Wednesday and they were at the center desk of my dorm on Thursday before 3 pm. Shipping was $13.

The tongue was a bit stiff the first night I wore them but they're already comfortable as any shoe I've ever worn. More so, even. Probably the best purchase I've ever made. Plus they look either beautiful or badass or both. I've received an absurd amount of compliments on them. The heel is probably 1.5 inches but pretty subtle. Not New York Dolls **** or anything

themaskedcorndog

Reaction score
Also last night I was drunk and I jumped over a stone ledge and scraped the toe a bit. Nothing too bad but is there anything that can be done about scratches like that?

splattered

Reaction score
http://www.littlesshoes.com/Products.asp?pid=1110

I called and ordered on Wednesday and they were at the center desk of my dorm on Thursday before 3 pm. Shipping was $13.

The tongue was a bit stiff the first night I wore them but they're already comfortable as any shoe I've ever worn. More so, even. Probably the best purchase I've ever made. Plus they look either beautiful or badass or both. I've received an absurd amount of compliments on them. The heel is probably 1.5 inches but pretty subtle. Not New York Dolls **** or anything

Hmmm heel sounds a bit high

Any chance you could post fit pics?
smile.gif

themaskedcorndog

Reaction score
Sorry, I had to make due with my macbook's camera. Terrible quality but better than nothing? I think so. They aren't even good fit pics but it's hard to take a photo of your feet with a laptop.

You can see how I drunkenly fucked up the toe of the right boot (on the right of the photo and right foot, but photobooth mirrors photos). whatever, gives it character i guess.

splattered

Reaction score
****... i like those 10x better than the montgomery... i'd love to see some fit pics of the ascots too.

Just curious, what is the leg opening on your jeans in that pic?

themaskedcorndog

Reaction score
****... i like those 10x better than the montgomery... i'd love to see some fit pics of the ascots too.

Just curious, what is the leg opening on your jeans in that pic?

I think 5" maybe 5 1/2". They're cheap mondays. I'm 6' (6'1" with the boots probably) and weight like 140 and have really long legs and it's really apparent and I feel uncomfortable in jeans that aren't pretty skinny.

The boots are breaking in really nicely. Comfortable as all ****, too. and rock 'n' roll.

splattered

Reaction score
I think 5" maybe 5 1/2". They're cheap mondays. I'm 6' (6'1" with the boots probably) and weight like 140 and have really long legs and it's really apparent and I feel uncomfortable in jeans that aren't pretty skinny.

The boots are breaking in really nicely. Comfortable as all ****, too. and rock 'n' roll.

wha?! hehe

I'm 6' 155-160lbs and still feel uncomfortable in slim/skinny jeans... :p

Prior to SF i was only wearing bootcut. Since i recently bought SJDJ i am getting used to them and when i put on my bootcuts they all look extremely exaggerated to me now so i tossed em all up on ebay.

But yeah... do dig the boots. Thumbs up.
smile.gif

gwydion

Reaction score
So you wear a 13 in vans and sized down 2.5 for the boots and they fit perfectly eh? I thank you very much for posting the pictures. Will most likely buy the boots.

themaskedcorndog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gwydion
So you wear a 13 in vans and sized down 2.5 for the boots and they fit perfectly eh?

Yeah.

Originally Posted by gwydion
I thank you very much for posting the pictures. Will most likely buy the boots.

Right on, no problem.

wha?! hehe

I'm 6' 155-160lbs and still feel uncomfortable in slim/skinny jeans... :p

Prior to SF i was only wearing bootcut. Since i recently bought SJDJ i am getting used to them and when i put on my bootcuts they all look extremely exaggerated to me now so i tossed em all up on ebay.

But yeah... do dig the boots. Thumbs up.
smile.gif

Yeah, I mean, I'm really really thin so anything but pretty skinny jeans look really baggy and goofy. To me, anyway. Plus I've worn 'em since I was 16 so it feels odd to wear a different cut.

Stavros

Reaction score
Anyone knows how do the 1000 mile boots compare, size-wise, to Alden Indy's and/or Redwing Iron Rangers? I am a 9.5D in Alden, 9D in RW-IR. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics