• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Damn that pic is HOT. It's so close up, there's so much detail. It makes me feel dirty.
+1 I love how that watchband is brought out in that picture.

I would say nice watch but last time I thought that on this board it ended up being a $30,000 dollar watch. What the hell do I know about watches.
blush.gif

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker62185
What should I use to clean my Alden chukkas?

Dishwasher, pots & pans cycle, works OK.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Or this stuff. Can't find it so well with the google but that's the goods for cleaning suede.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
+1 I love how that watchband is brought out in that picture.

I would say nice watch but last time I thought that on this board it ended up being a $30,000 dollar watch. What the hell do I know about watches.
blush.gif

Thanks. The watch is a Seiko 5, which you can get for less than $75. If it were $30k I'd be scared to death to wear it.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Watching the Epaulet video I kept thinking of CunningSmeagol's comment from another thread:

Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol
These "are my shoes okay" threads are getting a touch wearisome. I have never seen a perfect pair of shoes. They ALL have imperfections, especially at the welt/waist. . . .
If you buy C/J, Alden, Carmina, and the like, you expect to see these issues. Alden wouldn't be Alden without a utilitarian looking welt that looks like one of 100 made in an assembly line worker's day. Some guy woke up at 6am, thought to himself, I am going to make a zillion durable no-nonsense Massachusetts welts today. If I make them too nice, the shoe will look gay.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Those lw's from winn perry are pretty amazing.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Those lw's from winn perry are pretty amazing.

+1

The main difference we made to these was in the sole. Instead of the standard double leather sole, we used an oiled version, called a "Double Waterloc" that will resist the harmful effects of Portland's wet climate. The heavily oiled sole is a stacked version of the soles used in the construction of Alden's flex welt system. In this case however, the oil keeps water from penetrating the sole and helps to increase their lifespan dramatically on Portland's soggy grounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads