• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AE shoes in Walnut with Navy Suits?

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E shoes always seem to be of a different color and appear to have more depth in AE's pics than in real life. AE's walnut though is pretty close to the depicted color, minus the depth and fortuitous lighting.

The above comments should give you a good, SF approved, opinion.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The walnut AE's the OP posted will work fine with navy. I do this color combo all the time.
Occasionally, just to be a pimp, I'll even wear tan oxfords with a navy suit. No fashion police on me yet.

IBJanky

Reaction score
Here's a pic of me in a navy suit and some similar colored shoes:
IMG_9655.jpg
Looks good to me
biggrin.gif
myke

gsugsu

Reaction score
I think this works fine. Bottom line is if you like the walnut-navy combination then do it. Obviously from the responses it is one of those personal choice issues: people either like it or they don't.

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, and at $190 for the pair, why not go for it? (I'd get the Strand and not the one pictured.)

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by viator
For those of you that would not pair these shoes with navy, what color suit do you think would go best with these shoes? I assume gray?

I actually think brown shoes looks much better with blue than with gray. I wear brown shoes with my blue suits fairly often but almost always wear black or merlot with my gray suits. I supposed brown can be worn with gray, but I think black or merlot looks better. Plus, gray suits provide an opportunity to wear the black shoes, which I don't like with much else.

The brown shoes-with-blue-suit-look seems to go best IMO when you are wearing a brown or tan tie.

Brown also looks good with brown and tan suits, of course, which, while shunned by the populace, are the mark of a true stylish man according to Nicholas Antongiavanni.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IBJanky

IMG_9655.jpg

Looks good to me
biggrin.gif

myke

Note to OP: JankyPose(tm) not necessarily required when you put on the shoes and the suit.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IBJanky

Looks good to me
biggrin.gif

myke

That looks great myke!
smiley_rock.gif

You also look like a fun person.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
Note to OP: JankyPose(tm) not necessarily required when you put on the shoes and the suit.
You have to be situated some way in a picture. It's much better than the attention pose I see for suit critique pictures. That picture just makes me LMAO cause he's got that big ol' grin on his face and looks like he is fun.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
You have to be situated some way in a picture. It's much better than the attention pose I see for suit critique pictures. That picture just makes me LMAO cause he's got that big ol' grin on his face and looks like he is fun.

Umm, yeah, it was kind of a joke. Myke does some variation on that pose in most of his pics; hence, "JankyPose(tm)."
facepalm.gif

bafield

Reaction score
This will look great and (unlike when wearing black shoes) people will notice and comment on your AEs!

Dburr

Reaction score
those shoes are perfect with either gray or navy

viator

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm new here - is there a general consensus on wearing navy with black shoes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads