• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm bet a lot of you guys have seen this already but just in case you haven't: J.Crew S/S 10 Preview on Secret Forts It's looking real good IMO. Some better shots of the fireman's coat, red chambray, and a cool new chambray(?) workshirt. Does anyone know what the green shoes in taht one photo of all the collab items is?

RyanAnderson

Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of the Sperry x J.Crew Chukkas debating whether I should keep them or go with some Clarks DBs.

Anyone have an opinion on which to keep?

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
I'm bet a lot of you guys have seen this already but just in case you haven't:

J.Crew S/S 10 Preview on Secret Forts

It's looking real good IMO. Some better shots of the fireman's coat, red chambray, and a cool new chambray(?) workshirt.

Does anyone know what the green shoes in taht one photo of all the collab items is?

Wonder how much those Alden collab shoes will be

seany

Reaction score
wow the Redwing chukkas look amazing

the fireman jacket too !

great stuff,

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
Does anyone know what the green shoes in taht one photo of all the collab items is?

looks like the sperry bahama?

synovoid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RyanAnderson
I just picked up a pair of the Sperry x J.Crew Chukkas debating whether I should keep them or go with some Clarks DBs.

Anyone have an opinion on which to keep?

you picked up Sperry chukkas or MacAlister boots? The Sperry and DBs are different shoes, dude.

synovoid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
I think all the flannel and tartan shirts would look fine with that jacket.
ha ha, you're really into j crew shirts, man. you're gonna grab the new shirt in the pic?

RyanAnderson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by synovoid
you picked up Sperry chukkas or MacAlister boots? The Sperry and DBs are different shoes, dude.

I got the sperry, I know they're different shoes, but they're close enough that I only want one or the other.

synovoid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RyanAnderson
I got the sperry, I know they're different shoes, but they're close enough that I only want one or the other.

they're different shoes, at least IMO. I own both the Sperry chukkas and MacAlister boots.

RyanAnderson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by synovoid
they're different shoes, at least IMO. I own both the Sperry chukkas and MacAlister boots.

Which do you get more use out of, since I'm only looking for one pair?

xanatos

Reaction score
I tried on the desert boots tonight and looked horrible in them. I was wearing APC Petite Standards. They didnt look right with skinny jeans that are too long. Or I have a horrible sense of image?

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
the latter. try cuffing the jeans maybe? desert boots are highly versatile footwear.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
That firemans jacket looks great. Does it look like waxed cotton to you guys?
And the red chambray, better not sleep on that one.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
^
the latter. try cuffing the jeans maybe? desert boots are highly versatile footwear.

I think it depends on the size of the foot. I have large feet, size 13 clarks, and found that the boots just looked huge on me. I think its the lack of detailing unlike a regular boot

xanatos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
^

I know they look so cool on all the pics I've seen. I think the "stacking" throws it off since I've had a problem with all my dress shoes now that I'm just wearing APC's. I used to have no break on my jeans and need to get the APC's hemmed omg!

I do think its the lack of detailing I tried on the 9's and the fit is great but my feet looked like clown feet . I have some Bruno Magli zip ups that look weird with them too but look great in other jeans.that have a shorter hem.

Also Im not that thrilled in the preview for next year. It looks like the same stuff every season, Dont you all think? Will they ever change the side seam on the secret wash shirts. I like the look that they put on the Tartan shirts and seem to fit nicer? Less blousy?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads