• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please help me lose 20 lbs

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sho is korean, where have i been? work your back while losing weight.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
it's a model home we were taking a look at in tustin

Looks like it would be in the Tustin Ranch area. I still need to golf at that golf course.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
Looks like it would be in the Tustin Ranch area. I still need to golf at that golf course.

correct. nice homes. not that we could afford it but my wife just wanted to look
smile.gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wahwho11
sho is korean, where have i been? work your back while losing weight.

you didnt know i was koean???? dam everyone knew here!!

ok. but i dont want to look all broad shouldered and such. i was pushing bak my shoulders a bit too. plus the shirt is cut in a way that makes my shoulder look stupid

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
correct. nice homes. not that we could afford it but my wife just wanted to look
smile.gif

Yeah, they are pretty nice and expensive, but the area is pretty boring. I play softball at that Sports Park all the time and live in Tustin off the 55, but it's not an area known for entertainment.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
Yeah, they are pretty nice and expensive, but the area is pretty boring. I play softball at that Sports Park all the time and live in Tustin off the 55, but it's not an area known for entertainment.

i prefer living in an area that is boring and not known for entertainment. i rather drive out to those places.
i cant stand living in an area with too much commotion.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
here's some more photos that i forgot i had on a blog site:

this is when i was at my heaviest ive been. right before lay off 2 years ago:

after.jpg

this is like january or february of 2008. i was doing some weights but not really heavy. just upkeep. as you can see my shoulders are not as narrow as depicted in the earlier photo.:

before.jpg

please disregard the shirt, although i still have it and wear it

here is about april 08. this was when i got further down to about 170lbs:
before1.jpg

i want to reach a reasonable state. perhaps like somewhere near the middle picture. i would love to get down to the last photo again (i do prefer a runner body type skinny look ) but i think it is not feasible to keep up especially at my age now (pushing 40)

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i prefer living in an area that is boring and not known for entertainment. i rather drive out to those places.
i cant stand living in an area with too much commotion.

...and you live next to South Coast.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah it is artsy and just a shopping mall mecca, but what i meant was like living next to bars and nightclubs and such. it attracts the wrong crowd around neighborhoods that i wish keeps quiet and conservative.

True, but have you seen the girls in Newport that frequent those bars and nightclubs? Would make living next to one not so bad I would imagine. I have a friend in Costa Mesa off 19th and it's nice to be able to walk to the bars from his house. The bars in Tustin suck.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is like january or february of 2008. i was doing some weights but not really heavy. just upkeep. as you can see my shoulders are not as narrow as depicted in the earlier photo.:
before.jpg
please disregard the shirt, although i still have it and wear it

I'll lay off the shirt, although I can't speak for others. In this picture, what was your workout schedule like ? Just running and Diet ? It seems you've been down this road before and the only thing that stops you now is motivation ?

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ tRUE. You look pretty buff here actually. Well, as compared to your fat picture
crazy.gif

You'd look a lot better at this weight above

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
I'll lay off the shirt, although I can't speak for others. In this picture, what was your workout schedule like ? Just running and Diet ? It seems you've been down this road before and the only thing that stops you now is motivation ?
yeah tons of running /stairmaster 6 days a week, and diet was in the form of lot of lean meat, veggie, fruit, cut out alot of carbs but i stil had alot of ice cream, fudge, cookies, donuts, etc. sorry that is me that i cant seem to change, but the stairmaster was what burned it off.
did maintenance weight lifting, no hard heavy lifting, but the bulk is from my past (20s i did alot of heavy lifting and i still retain it , it gets inflated via memory each time i touch a weight no matter how light i go)

Originally Posted by Davidko19
^^^ tRUE. You look pretty buff here actually. Well, as compared to your fat picture
crazy.gif

You'd look a lot better at this weight above

thanks man.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads