• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Damn I may just buy both.
frown.gif

If you really like the Tricker's, you should inquire with the factory shop or with Pediwear. Tricker's regularly does the natural sole on dark colored uppers. I have seen the black-natural combo many times on the factory ebay listings. The Tricker's will be made better, the Grensons aren't badly done either tho. Just don't do the thing where you buy both, then when a Tricker's with natural sole pops up, buy that too, and never wear the Grensons. I do this type of thing all the time and its a waste of money.
smile.gif
Here's a white pair I used to have:
dsc05339.jpg
dsc05333.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Tar, why would you sell those? I been lookin for some white wingtips but none tickle my fancy.

Was going to cop the peals on sale but something stopped me.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
dsc05339.jpg
dsc05333.jpg

Hate to ask a redundant question, but what style of tricker's are those ? I really dig the oversized outsole. I've seen RRG x Lodger do a similar profile recently.. I need a brogue'y boot or plain dress boot for everyday use at work.There really aren't that many options, i know of, that are sub $100...unless i go used ebay..

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look like the Trickers for Ted Baker. Gilt had them a few months ago and I've seen them elsewhere too. They fit a full size big for me so I had to return them but they looked killer.

themaskedcorndog

Reaction score
I just purchased the Wolverine Darby boot from the Heritage collection (that new big deal 1000 mile including **** if somehow you aren't familiar). I've never had boots other than my clark's DBs and am wondering about basic things I should probably know such as...

Can I wear these in the rain without damage? What should I do in order to take care of the leather? Are they a good choice for a winter boot?

Really simple, possibly stupid questions but hey, gotta start somewhere.

http://www.wolverine.com/us/1000mile/#/TheGentleman/ (top left, for reference)

Ge Fuzz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by videogeek
......... is shady. One of their reps went shopping with my sister's CC.

I had a bad experiene with karma Poop. They sent me the womans size sneakers once in a tore up box. So when I went to return them they wouldn't take them because the box was tore up. I told the girl on the phone thats how the box arrived but they refused to refund my full money.

Anywhoo...I like the Redwings (from Zappos)
redwing-1.jpg

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
Hate to ask a redundant question, but what style of tricker's are those ? I really dig the oversized outsole.

The model in the Tricker's catalog is called Bourton, I think.

The oversized outsole is not a special feature, all of Tricker's country line has the same thickness sole (double) and same welt extension

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ge Fuzz
I had a bad experiene with karma Poop. They sent me the womans size sneakers once in a tore up box. So when I went to return them they wouldn't take them because the box was tore up. I told the girl on the phone thats how the box arrived but they refused to refund my full money.

Anywhoo...I like the Redwings (from Zappos)
redwing-1.jpg

FWIW, I placed maybe five or six orders with KL in 2008 and had nothing but great experiences. They'd still be my number-one stop if my personal aesthetic hadn't drastically changed this year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads