• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
How do two 19 year olds, going to college, afford Lincolns? I apparently failed at life.

but you can afford a GL. GL is more than my lincoln and the A5 I want
frown.gif

spencers

Reaction score
As for me...
e30 econobox as a first car
e36 econobox now
e36m3 or e46 soon?
sly.gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mannix
I test drove the Zephyr/MKZ and didn't really like the dash design and cramped feel I got, but of course I'm used to the vast openness of the Town Car. Wish they would have updated the LTC with the old MKZ grill or something similar...that would have been ***** in my pants* worthy.

Never was a fan of anything made by Audi, but that's just my opinion. I plan on keeping my current Town Car through college, and then after college custom ordering a L Series Town Car...if Lincoln still offers it. What can I say, I love LTCs.
inlove.gif

So that's really your car? I had assumed it was a hand me down from your father, or perhaps ever your father's car.
tounge.gif

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do two 19 year olds, going to college, afford Lincolns? I apparently failed at life.

Epic fail...
lol8[1].gif
jk For the time being I don't pay rent or anything like that because I still live at home while going to college so I have "extra" discretionary funds.

Originally Posted by gnatty8
So that's really your car? I had assumed it was a hand me down from your father, or perhaps ever your father's car.
tounge.gif

LOL yes it's really my car and hardly a hand me down...my parents drive trucks/suvs and my grandparents like Toyotas for some reason, though I don't know why
confused.gif

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thrift Pirate
probably because they are really reliable

But they're ass ugly and the ride/seats will eventually give a person hemorrhoids due to the low level of comfort.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
but you can afford a GL. GL is more than my lincoln and the A5 I want
frown.gif

And I'm also twice your age and have been busting my hump for decades now.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You can probably pick one up in a pretty nice condition for around $5K nowdays.. 1998-2002. I actually have a bit of a soft spot for those, plus if I ever needed to make a few bucks I can turn it into an actual towncar..

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Full-sized sedans, especially American, depreciate like crazy.

Even German ones, like a used BMW 7 series can be found for the same price as a used 3 series of the same model year.

hitsu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ScottMan

1993 Mazda RX7.

My goal was a semi-rare car with great power, good gas mileage, bulletproof reliability, all while not looking ridiculous getting out of it in a suit.

You were seeking bulletproof reliability.. so you got an RX7?

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hitsu

He swapped out the rotary
teacha.gif

ScottMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hitsu
I guess reading comprehension isn't really your "thing". Haha. Yes, I did swap out the rotary. Thanks, sonick.

This is a big can of worms, and my rotary "appreciation" is more like playing devil's advocate, but rotaries aren't crazy unreliable when done right. The problem is, doing it right costs tons of money, a keen eye, and stellar maintenance. The advent of water or methanol injection have cut down on the heat dramatically in rotaries and made them, dare I say, reliable. Also, the naturally aspirated rotaries from the FC RX7 as well as the more exotic NA 20b motor are much more reliable and many have tons of miles on them. The issue with rotaries is heat. Heat that deteriorates coolant and apex seals, heat that causes warping or pre-detonation, and all sorts of problems that heat causes. Managing that heat goes a REALLY long way with a rotary.

That said...yep, I put a V8 from a Corvette in it.
smile.gif

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the RX7 had the engine had the 1.8l that was in the Miata, that would be my perfect car. I love the Miata but can't stand the lack of rigidity and cowl shake of a convertible.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
You can probably pick one up in a pretty nice condition for around $5K nowdays.. 1998-2002. I actually have a bit of a soft spot for those, plus if I ever needed to make a few bucks I can turn it into an actual towncar..

Originally Posted by sonick
Full-sized sedans, especially American, depreciate like crazy.

Even German ones, like a used BMW 7 series can be found for the same price as a used 3 series of the same model year.

I was under the assumption they were buying/leasing these new?

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur

mine was a lot more than 5g's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads