• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
I just received the Millerain Oilcloth Field jacket in black size small. I don't think it's going to work out for me. It's just slightly too snug which won't allow for much winter layering and based on the measurements I got for the medium, that will be too big.

I am in Canada so if anybody else in Canada wants it, I got it at 20% off but you would have to pay the duties also (same as if you bought from the site). Let me know if you're interested as I'll probably return it next week.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
I just received the Millerain Oilcloth Field jacket in black size small. I don't think it's going to work out for me. It's just slightly too snug which won't allow for much winter layering and based on the measurements I got for the medium, that will be too big.

I am in Canada so if anybody else in Canada wants it, I got it at 20% off but you would have to pay the duties also (same as if you bought from the site). Let me know if you're interested as I'll probably return it next week.

Yeah, I tried that on in the store in a Large, and I'd say it runs very true to size and even slightly smaller than size.

gabby11303

Reaction score
Picked up this today:

images_onFigure_18_18277_18277_WW9924_d4_tif_a0e80ba152c518c2.jpg

Had to try on two until I got one that was cut for me. What kind/ color pants would you wear this with? Brown boots ok?

I was thinking these in the base khaki:

images_onFigure_19_19198_19198_BR6271_m_tif_be490be78d681908.jpg

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...9198/19198.jsp

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Great pickups. I love mine. I've worn both with my tan camper pants so far. I think they could both work with olive drab, too.

ennui

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
the gap has the best socks for the price... great patterns around $1 each on sale, i can't beat it. i have 10+ pairs and it has cost me under $15...

Where/when did you get this deal? I dropped by the store the other day and saw argyle patterns I liked with enough cotton content, but they were 3 for $15.

Dranakin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Oh, I'd definitely go for Old Navy over J. Crew any day. Go for it! And then why don't you start an "Old Navy F/W 09" thread and post some fit pix there.

Funny.

Just trying to see if there's a discrepancy in quality to justify the price difference for these three mall brands. I imagine so for ON compared to J.Crew, but I don't own anything by Gap (other than shares...)

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would consider J Crew to be higher quality than BR (except Monogram), Gap, and ON. Just got the 'Fall Sale Starts Now' email. Can someone tell me what is on sale that wasnt on sale a week or two ago? Stupid J Crew sales.

fabflipfive

Reaction score
Heads up for those near the Americana in Glendale, they had a couple of the Secret Wash B/D shirts in Vineyard Tartan left (1 Med and 1 Lrg if I recall correctly). Much to my surprise when the cashier rung it up, the price was $29.99. Not sure how/why, but I wasn't about to question it.

Question for those who wear S/XS, have you noticed that the Secret Wash B/D shirt in Gunmetal Giant Gingham fits smaller compared to all the other Secret Wash shirts? I usually wear an XS, but when I tried on the S it fit just like an XS. Has anyone else come across something like this?

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
I would consider J Crew to be higher quality than BR (except Monogram), Gap, and ON.

Just got the 'Fall Sale Starts Now' email. Can someone tell me what is on sale that wasnt on sale a week or two ago? Stupid J Crew sales.

there are sweaters and tees that were not there before

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
there are sweaters and tees that were not there before

I don't know if that justified an email.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Utility jacket finally went on sale--IF you can wear an XL.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i can. But is it worth it?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That has been on sale for a long time(3 or 4 weeks). They took it down when the %20 coupon came, but it went back on sale a few days ago.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey so have any of you guys won Man in Manhattan yet?? I think I'm getting really close.

synovoid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by synovoid
got the j crew x sperry chukka today, guess I'll return them and get the regulat one in brown from zappos
979955-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

changed my mind after tried on both today. gonna keep my j crew x sperry chukkas, and ship back the regular ones to zappos tomorrow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads