• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
hey guys,

Do you all think that the vintage slim fit cords will stretch in the waist a bit? They fit great everywhere else, but are just a bit tight in the waist. The corduroy seems like a pretty stretchable material...

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by steveoffice
I'm selling a J Crew gift card worth 471.68 for 390 if anyone is interested. J Crew Card

Nice. If it were payday, and if I hadn't just paid my needy grown daughter's bills, I'd grab that in a heartbeat.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bassmanpatsfan18
hey guys,

Do you all think that the vintage slim fit cords will stretch in the waist a bit? They fit great everywhere else, but are just a bit tight in the waist. The corduroy seems like a pretty stretchable material...

Based on my experience with Levis cords, maybe a little. I personally buy my jeans/cords to fit comfortably to start though, so I'm not sure what to tell ya.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey guys, Do you all think that the vintage slim fit cords will stretch in the waist a bit? They fit great everywhere else, but are just a bit tight in the waist. The corduroy seems like a pretty stretchable material...
Yes, I have a pair of cords (straight fit though, not slim) and the material is very conducive to stretching IMO.

synovoid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
Rugby. Uniqlo, too (you can do phone or e-mail order from the NYC store), as well as Club Monaco, as well.

It is true that J. Crew is the easiest to access, though.

anybody here tried Uniqlo flannel shirts? 30 bucks

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Based on my experience with Levis cords, maybe a little. I personally buy my jeans/cords to fit comfortably to start though, so I'm not sure what to tell ya.

Originally Posted by ToruOkada
Yes, I have a pair of cords (straight fit though, not slim) and the material is very conducive to stretching IMO.

Thanks guys. I'm going to return them. They're just a little too tight in the waist and I think could be a little tighter in the top block.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

What size did you get if you don't mind me asking? Curious as to how slim the cords actually are. Do you happen to wear their classic or urban slim chino's for a comparison?

xanatos

Reaction score
Anyone seen the Bowery drafting tote in real life or have more pics of it from the web. Im looking for a new bag and been using an american apparel tote bag foreeeverr. It looks like a perfect size and nice enough for the price?whatcha all think?

Uker

Reaction score
Got my sweaters in the mail today.....they seem a little ' blousey ' to me. The arm holes seem really low so when I lift my arms material spreads out like a wing, lol. They fit pretty well overall except for this fact.

Anyone else seem to have this problem ?

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
What size did you get if you don't mind me asking? Curious as to how slim the cords actually are. Do you happen to wear their classic or urban slim chino's for a comparison?

Hey. I got 32x34. I'm 6'2", 175 lbs and usually wear a 33 in pants or a 32 in denim. I actually don't wear other J Crew pants and now I remember why. They seem to fit me strangely--even with the 'vintage slims' the seat and top block are too loose unless I size down, in which case the waist is too tight. Oh well.

Keroberos

Reaction score
I'll have to take the fit photos of the cardigans tomorrow night; just didn't have time.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
i think you guys do the same thing, he just defines "must haves" as the fun stuff he really wants, and the "nice to haves" are his basics --not a must have because you can always get basics and you probably already have a good deal of basics.

i like the crew neck and some hoddies i have. Dont have experience with the other stuff though

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads