• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
^Meh. I think you can do better in the low end range.

I'm open to suggestions... I like something along these lines (YSL Homme, Boss Bottled). Basically something light and sweet.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Weird. This is what I thought of Sequoia. At least now I know I can toss Sycamor down the memory hole.
Guess I can skip that sample of Sequoia now.
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
I'm open to suggestions... I like something along these lines (YSL Homme, Boss Bottled). Basically something light and sweet.
Hmm. What are you going for when you say light? Powdery, fresh, etc.. That's sort of hard to pin down.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I gave that a sniff and thought I liked it. Like CdG sequoia, but less boringly sweet in the drydown. But I only checked it once. I am not buying one of those 200ml bottles and it doesn't come in a PP, so I figured I would drop it from my brain and forget it about. I am annoyed that you brought it up, but now that you did, what do you think of it?

I re-visited it last night and thought..just like a luxe version of CdG Palisander. It's quite good, but I have others that scratch that particular itch: a sweet vetiver/cedar/sage. Don't really remember longevity, but I can't really comment on that until I get away from the Dial soap I'm using up.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Went out to Saks today for F&F. Snagged another Sycamore sample so I'll give that another shot Dopey. Got another 600 samples from the cute new Bond girl and tried out Killian Absinthe something or the other. This really smells like absinthe. Not sure I actually like smelling like that but it certainly is interesting.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today: Sycomore, a light application lasted roughly 4-6 hours. Not bad, all things considered.

later in the day: Platinum Egoiste.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

I'm looking for something similar!

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Hmm. What are you going for when you say light? Powdery, fresh, etc.. That's sort of hard to pin down.
I don't really know myself. basically something with a little sweetness, sort of fruity or floral and a tinge of spice or wood in the base. Something typical for office-wear, much like the Boss Bottled or YSL Homme... Funny... today I sampled some of that Palisander from the box, actually I quite liked it!!! think I may pick up a larger decant soon.
18336.jpg

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today: Nicole Miller for Men

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't really know myself. basically something with a little sweetness, sort of fruity or floral and a tinge of spice or wood in the base. Something typical for office-wear, much like the Boss Bottled or YSL Homme...
Hmm. That's a tough combination. I can think of several with sweet and fruity/floral or sweet wit ha spice/wood but all that in one package might be tricky. You want big brand or niche? Maybe Thomas or Rach can think of something. I'll keep working on it. Today: Chanel Sycamore week continues. Much stronger and much greener than I remember. I definitely get vetiver with moss and a bit of a woodsy tree vibe. I smelled like a bag of mulch this morning.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying Serge Lutens - Chypre Rouge. It's extremely rich and sweet, reminds me of a candleshop too.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm doing a "split" of Creed Millesime Imperial. Is any one interested in getting a decant of MI? It's extremely cheaper getting a portion of a split. All prices include atomizer (spray bottle), packaging and shipping. The flacon is from fragrancenet.com and the atomizers are from Accessories for Fragrances.

100mL $67
50mL $39
30mL $29

Please let know ASAP. The sooner we fill the split, the sooner we can get the fragrance.

Brewers17

Reaction score
I checked out Saks and hooked up with a very willing fragrance helper (what the hell do you call those folks... stewardess/flight attendant.. ha) Anyway, My top three were Creed Silver Mountain Water, Chez bond and Versace Pour Homme. These are the opposite of exclusive so If you guys got any suggestions that I would like similar to those clean and fresh scents I would greatly appreciate it. The more the better.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^^^ I think they like to be called Sales Associates...
if you like Chez Bond, try Creed Green Irish Tweed...

basically, all three are "sweet aquatics", ask around for those.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today: Nicole Miller for Men - again.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brewers17
I checked out Saks and hooked up with a very willing fragrance helper (what the hell do you call those folks... stewardess/flight attendant.. ha) Anyway, My top three were Creed Silver Mountain Water, Chez bond and Versace Pour Homme. These are the opposite of exclusive so If you guys got any suggestions that I would like similar to those clean and fresh scents I would greatly appreciate it. The more the better.

Actually, SMW and Bond are fairly spendy in my book and somewhat exclusive in that you won't find them everywhere. SMW is quite nice IMHO.

You might give Lacoste Challenge a go: it's pretty new, at your local Sephora, pretty clean and easy-wearing. OR seek out something like CdG Palisander or Sequoia.

The thing is: once you start going more nichey...you get more weridness. Sometimes it's good, other times not so much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads