• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramp
I come to the SW&D gods for guidance. First, I guess I should say that my style development is in the very beginning stages- I have one pair of jeans and one pair of shoes that I like; the rest, I'm not really attached to. I don't have any sort of "look" I'm going for yet.

So I need some sort of footwear that isn't a white sneaker. I'm leaning slightly towards a boot but could go with a shoe also. Something that would go with raw denim, khaki pants, and possibly grey trousers. Does anyone make a boot out of live chameleons? I'm 20 years old, so I don't want something that ages me. I don't need them for my job. I'm not into the "workwear" thing. Not a fan of DB's. Sleek is good.

I found these boots on ebay that I like, but I'm not quite sure about them yet. I like the color and the shape of the toe box. I like the top part, but I'm not in love with it.

ef8f_12.JPG

Can anyone help a brother out?

Are you going to wear them with a mini or a mid-length skirt?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ouch. But it's true.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rcd213
what does everyone thing of these? Fair, ugly, nice? Advice greatly appreciated. Personally I like the brown ones.

Black ones look really cheap.

bythecartons

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Brian did you see those sick ass green trickers the homie posted up in rp awhile back?

edit nm found them on page 26 of this thread these are dumb nice

you probably don't want green though

Where would I find these for purchase online?

Chrispy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spudeey
Need a winter boot but don't want to spend more than about $150. Looking at the Katahdin but I heard they will slip on ice. Need something that will keep my feet warm, won't slip on ice, and look decent. Thinking about just getting a pair of the fur lined bean boots but I would like something that I could wear on normal days too. Might go cheap and try these out.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...eyword=diehard
I'm thinking after an oiling they could get a little darker. Any suggestions/thoughts?

I have the Katahdins and they aren't the worst on ice. Not great, but they make it around New Hampshire winter ok.

Artigas

Reaction score
I'm posting this basically so I can access this thread and check for updates by using to the "threads I posted in" feature (there's just too much good boot Appreciation in here to ignore), so please excuse the crappy photos, etc.

Tony Llama cowboy boots:

Corcoran jump boots:

Red Wing steel-toed boots:

rcd213

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Black ones look really cheap.

I agree. I like the brown one's though. However, mainly due to the price. They're only 25 bucks + shipping for a little under 35. Not bad styling for a shoe so inexpensive. I would mainly wear them to work/school with jeans/chinos. Maybe out to a bar every once and again. I'm thinking they would look much better with the obenauf's leather treatment, similar to the way the katahdin's look. I'm actually planning on getting the katahdin's as well at some point when I get a chance to head back down to DC. Personally, I think the Katahdin's look exponentially better, however, they're also about five times the price.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 Could make those work.

videogeek

Reaction score
Thinking about a pair of Red Wing boots, but I'm unsure. I like the 8138's, but won't the white crepe sole look pretty nasty after a bit?

156_0.jpg

Also really like the 9010's, but I'm concerned about width:

163_0.jpg

While I like both of them, haven't seen much in the way of fit pics... My local RW dealer doesn't have either, and I want to make sure they're not going to give off that gangsta Timberland vibe.

Any thoughts? Any other recommendations for a 6" boot?

ramp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
labelking would have your head

if you're a dude and can wear those confidently you have more balls than anyone in chucks/CPs/purcells

ramp can you link to that auction? curious about them

Link to the auction.

Turns out they're too small for me. Which is just as well because I'm on a budget and don't want to spend that much on something I don't love.

I ended up getting a pair of chelsea boots from a member on here instead. I think I'll pair them with this hoof pick belt and a whip for equestrian steeze.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by videogeek
Thinking about a pair of Red Wing boots, but I'm unsure. I like the 8138's, but won't the white crepe sole look pretty nasty after a bit? Also really like the 9010's, but I'm concerned about width: While I like both of them, haven't seen much in the way of fit pics... My local RW dealer doesn't have either, and I want to make sure they're not going to give off that gangsta Timberland vibe. Any thoughts? Any other recommendations for a 6" boot?
I wish both had a lower sole. I think i like the 2nd best because the crepe sole on the first seems big to me. Both look nice though

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads