• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sorry, but I don't work here...

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IBJanky
That gives me an idea... I'll do that next time and see how far i can take it
devil.gif

I'll let you guys know how it goes
biggrin.gif

myke

hehehe, have fun.
smile.gif

IBJanky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by upnorth
you have that damned salesman look on your face. I wish i had a gentler way of putting this through but i don't.

Is that good or bad? LOL...

myke

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I'm in a suit, it happens.

If I can point the way to something I will, but always add, "If you need more information, you might want to ask a sales person." That way I avoid a potential series of questions.

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upnorth
you have that damned salesman look on your face. I wish i had a gentler way of putting this through but i don't.

This calls for a repost:

42230882.jpg

Agnacious

Reaction score
I get irritated over people who get irritated. This is a common innocent mistake hardly worth getting your knickers in a bunch over.

I was in saks in chicago once and there was some guy all over the sales rack, like a ******** on a donut, when some doddering old man asked him where the men's room was. He became indignant and loudly stated he did not work there and went off in a huff, no doubt following the illusive scent of another 5% off rack.

The old man looked bewildered and I went towards him and he said "I thought he worked here..." I pointed out the SA and then told him where the men's room was. Don't become the indignant db that thinks complete strangers should somehow know you don't work there based on the marginally, and possibly ill conceived notion, that the way you are dressed is noticeably better than anyone else.

On the other hand, I went to Abercrombie once (in my life) and I saw a bunch of people standing around looking homeless. I wanted to tell them to get a job, but then I realized their job was to dress poorly and look bored. If someone asked me if I worked there I would have murdered them.

IBJanky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Agnacious
I get irritated over people who get irritated. This is a common innocent mistake hardly worth getting your knickers in a bunch over.

I was in saks in chicago once and there was some guy all over the sales rack, like a ******** on a donut, when some doddering old man asked him where the men's room was. He became indignant and loudly stated he did not work there and went off in a huff, no doubt following the illusive scent of another 5% off rack.

The old man looked bewildered and I went towards him and he said "I thought he worked here..." I pointed out the SA and then told him where the men's room was. Don't become the indignant db that thinks complete strangers should somehow know you don't work there based on the marginally, and possibly ill conceived notion, that the way you are dressed is noticeably better than anyone else.

On the other hand, I went to Abercrombie once (in my life) and I saw a bunch of people standing around looking homeless. I wanted to tell them to get a job, but then I realized their job was to dress poorly and look bored. If someone asked me if I worked there I would have murdered them.

If it only happens once in a while, I wouldn't care as much.

But it happens to me every time I'm at the mall.

At least 2-3 times in ONE visit.

I'm not pissed or anything, just gets kinda annoying after a while.

But hey, I'll try and have fun with it starting next time
devil.gif

myke

IBJanky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threak
This calls for a repost:

I love that picture... I actually printed it out and hung it outside my locker at work for ***** and giggles
smile.gif

myke

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
all of you have been asked this question while you were in a high end clothing store. i got asked this question while in a ******* walgreens. i had on black trousers, jacket and vest with a tie. who the hell dresses like that while working at walgreens

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro
all of you have been asked this question while you were in a high end clothing store. i got asked this question while in a ******* walgreens. i had on black trousers, jacket and vest with a tie. who the hell dresses like that while working at walgreens

Sounds like their uniform.

The Swede

Reaction score
The strange thing is when the asking party gets annoyed and looks at me as if I am somehow playing out an intricate joke where I will help the next person, come back and say "Just kidding, I do work here". They then proceed the eye me suspicously for around 10 minutes until it is clear that I do not work there.

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Sounds like their uniform.

I was waiting for someone to comment on that. I work at the worlds second largest department store (not the actual location but the company) and black is the required dress code. I have also worked at a walgreens and no this is not their uniform wise-ass
plain.gif

wrenhunter

Reaction score
I was in a department store recently when a gentleman asked me where he could find a cheap suit. I replied, "Try your closet".

Mark L.

Reaction score
I have yet to be mistaken for an employee of Bannana Republic.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually help out a guy once. He need help on ties...only took 10 mins of my time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads