• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trends you hate on plebs

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Money
naked people in a FASHION magazine...

that makes a ton of sense... fuckin hipsters

the issue is about beauty products for skin and hair, not clothes. and daria is a fashion icon so it's totally relevant for a fashion magazine to focus on her outside of clothing. but you're an impulsive marsupial so i wouldn't expect you to actually look into what you're talking about

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey sister, don't take our beef outta the WAYWT thread.

your're right, i have never read a damned issued of I-D (whose logo is clever, in a gay way). But, I know a contradiction when I see one, you included...

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
I hate asian mullets. God damnit.
Japanese%2BBoys%2BLong%2BLayered%2BHairstyles%2B2009.jpg

I call it anime hair and yes, it's atrocious. Dudes are trying to look like they're Final Fantasy characters.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Money
naked people in a FASHION magazine... that makes a ton of sense... fuckin hipsters
what? do you ever really know what you're talking about or are you just on top of the world now that you discovered raw denim? Trying to figure out what makes you think you're somehow better/more knowledgeable than uncontrol. I-D is actually a pretty neat art/culture magazine in general. It's not purely a fashion thing. You should check it out if you're interested in the whole art/culture type thing. I'd kill to get a subscription but it's like $100 for people in the US. Some chick i slept over at had a bunch of back issues in her bookcase i kept looking through (because that's what us gays do at an attractive girl's place, obviously)

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^
+1.
Mr. Owens obviously knows nothing about fashion, he decided to comment on improving one's body before buying clothes.
But seriously, how does that have anything to do with "hipsters," and isn't the way clothes look affected by the wearer's body?
Oh yeah, and i-D isn't purely fashion.

Edit: Goddamn you and your editing Chrono.

chronoaug

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gravitas
^^^
+1.
Mr. Owens obviously knows nothing about fashion, he decided to comment on improving one's body before buying clothes.
But seriously, how does that have anything to do with "hipsters," and isn't the way clothes look affected by the wearer's body?
Oh yeah, and i-D isn't purely fashion.

Edit: Goddamn you and your editing Chrono.

but it doesn't say i edited anything
marchal.gif

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
what? do you ever really know what you're talking about or are you just on top of the world now that you discovered raw denim? Trying to figure out what makes you think you're somehow better/more knowledgeable than uncontrol.

i never insinuated that I was more knowledgable than uncontrol, at all. Me, being a non-reader of the magazine (like i admitted), simply made a basic observation based on the fact that you guys were discussing it as a fashion magazine...

im sure uncontrol knows way more about it than me, obviously...

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gravitas
^^^

has this magazine ever featured a model that wasn't rail thin/heroin chic/insert stereotypical hipster feature here.

just asking.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^
****, are you one of those "I want to see real people modeling" types? I didn't know that fashion magazines using... get this, skinny models, was a hipster thing.

OTT of people complaining about models being skinny, doesn't art always idealize the human for.

Being thin is a hipster fad and they just didn't know it.

chronoaug

Reaction score
Yes. Contrary to popular belief not everyone is interested in looking like a poorly dressed lumberjack or farinellis ad and can appreciate other things. Lot of people on this forum (especially ones who post in this thread) who enjoy a variety of art and fashion.

Gravitas- C'mon. Despite the fact that being thin has always been chic, it's just a hipster fad. Even people in the 90s, 80s and what not, were all just hipsters and not knowing it.

jon bones

Reaction score
i wonder how kerouac would feel about all this 'hipster' talk

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads