• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacob Cohen jeans

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They looks like clearance jeans from Express. money well spent

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
They looks like clearance jeans from Express. money well spent

Yeah well, that's another thing though. People that would consider buying Borelli jeans or whatever can't really be trusted. I'm just saying that there are quality levels in Jeans just like w. shirts, slacks or whatever.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HHD
An awful lot of labels on the inside of those jeans. I suppose it gives you something to read on the bog?

;-)

I only like soft jeans these days and the washed denim on Jacob Cohen's is very appealling. Too expensive though.

What is appealing about it? 98% of jeans out there are washed and soft and look exactly like these.

Other than wondering where the $600 went, I don't see what one would be curious about.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Actually, the closest analogy would be dogskin boots. Thank you for playing.

I don't even know what you meant. The point is really easy to make anyway. You can get various quality and designs at various prices and it's up to you to decide what is worth it. I def see a difference between jeans and know why some $600 pairs are $600. My fav are relatively cheap though, maybe $140 or so (APC new standard).

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like the colour or wash. Expensive though they may be, they look cheap. The arcuates are also ugly.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I don't even know what you meant. The point is really easy to make anyway. You can get various quality and designs at various prices and it's up to you to decide what is worth it. I def see a difference between jeans and know why some $600 pairs are $600. My fav are relatively cheap though, maybe $140 or so (APC new standard).
Those are my new faves too, actually.

I'm sure the quality goes up with the price - or at least, it damned well should. I just thought it was slightly hilarious that a pair of jeans advertised itself as 'luxury denim'. It struck me as being something along the lines of 'fine woven quality polyester' or 'hand tailored for [insert your name] in [insert miscellaneous destitute 3rd world country]'.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma

As said before: the pair I own (see pictures) was about €180,–. That is €50,– more than I paid for my APC NS. The quality and fit of the JC are a bit better than the APC, I would say. The denim is softer and lighter (in weight). I like them both.

I don't care for all the labels inside (hence my latest jeans were APC), but I do like the striped fabric on the inside; just a nice detail. And the buttons (see last picture) are quite handy.

The wash of my JC, btw, was created by my two-year-old who decided to wash them at 95 degrees celsius; they were raw when I bought them.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen the jeans, and they aren't bad for what they are, at least for the standard models, though I really don't like the arcuate. I don't like all of the embellishments inside the jeans either, but no-one sees that. There are better jeans for the price (at least, in the USA). Kicking Mule Workshop, for example, does a much better jean at $275, and RRL jeans are a steal at around $220. If you want a good cut at a decent price, and are looking for a more "modern" feel, Simon Miller and Wings+Horns do good jeans with a pared down, minimalist feel, at around $200.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Must be some kind of special edition. These were about €180

I also paid something like that for my pair, in moleskin. Good trousers, even though the stitching of one pocket has come undone a bit after a couple of years of fairly irregular use. Some may want to question whether details such as the little loop for the belt buckle pin are appropriate for a pair of jeans.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by radicaldog
I also paid something like that for my pair, in moleskin. Good trousers, even though the stitching of one pocket has come undone a bit after a couple of years of fairly irregular use. Some may want to question whether details such as the little loop for the belt buckle pin are appropriate for a pair of jeans.

Ah, I didn't know they were available in moleskin. Five-pocket, like the jeans?
(Pictures of those anywhere on the forum?)

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
What is appealing about it? 98% of jeans out there are washed and soft and look exactly like these.

Other than wondering where the $600 went, I don't see what one would be curious about.

can't you see it? it's RARE LUXURY DENIM dammit!

09jc688.jpg

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Ah, I didn't know they were available in moleskin. Five-pocket, like the jeans?
(Pictures of those anywhere on the forum?)

Yes, cut like the jeans. They fit more or less like Levi's 501.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads