• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got my jeans tapered for around 10 bucks, I'd imagine just restiching is cheaper. Keep the pink, their thread is usually better than what you'd get at tailors.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wahwho11
got my jeans tapered for around 10 bucks, I'd imagine just restiching is cheaper. Keep the pink, their thread is usually better than what you'd get at tailors.

As long as they use a poly blend it should be fine.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anyone tried the MVPA01?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does the 0701s come with the pink stitching?
eh.gif

Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
Does the 0701s come with the pink stitching?
eh.gif

Yup.

Don't be too put off. It's not as scary as it's been made to sound.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Arms_Akimbo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
Thanks for that. I thought it might be the case. That'd be the "going to battle" model which is the 0701... Since there is a vintage "tight straight" as well.

Shame. I thought they'd be cheaper than BiG for some reason. BiG are getting a restock first week of November (sold out of the popular sizes in the 0201).

My 0701 said 'vintage label tight straight' on them...

And while I'm not going to say that the pink stitching isn't noticeable, the indigo is starting to rub off on it and make it less bright. I imagine this will only continue.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arms_Akimbo

And while I'm not going to say that the pink stitching isn't noticeable, the indigo is starting to rub off on it and make it less bright. I imagine this will only continue.

You're correct. I missed his post, but like I said the vintage tight straight is the 0701 and the vintage slim straight is the 0201.

iwhelan

Reaction score
I don't see what the big deal is on the inseam stitching. It is really not that obvious. The thread isn't even that thick! If you don't like it that much, take a marker and darken the stitching. No one will ever know. I think it is cool though! Its just a small detail that separates Momotaro jeans from just about every other Levis repro brand. It is really not bright, and as the indigo wears around it, it kind of colours the thread a bit darker anyway.

-Ian

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jbreen1
The slim straights are the 0201's. The tight straights are the 0701's.

Originally Posted by Arms_Akimbo

Originally Posted by Jbreen1
You're correct. I missed his post, but like I said the vintage tight straight is the 0701 and the vintage slim straight is the 0201.
Are you sure it's the same denim?
eh.gif

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1232
eh.gif

Nothing BiG sells has that line action on the AZZ like those Battle Tight Straights.
eh.gif

The measurements from BiG and Context are really different.
eh.gif

eh.gif

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
Are you sure it's the same denim?
eh.gif
http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1232
eh.gif
Nothing BiG sells has that line action on the AZZ like those Battle Tight Straights.
eh.gif
The measurements from BiG and Context are really different.
eh.gif
eh.gif

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28 Going to Battle Tight Straight = 0703 ? Measurements from the two sites are quite off from each other! Context has them as smaller than tagged, while BiG has them as larger than tagged.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28

Going to Battle Tight Straight = 0703 ?

Measurements from the two sites are quite off from each other! Context has them as smaller than tagged, while BiG has them as larger than tagged.

The tag on Going to Battle Tight Straights say Lot 0705. It's an ounce thicker too.
eh.gif

eh.gif

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28

Going to Battle Tight Straight = 0703 ?

Measurements from the two sites are quite off from each other! Context has them as smaller than tagged, while BiG has them as larger than tagged.

I think BIG is a little bit off. I've gotten a pair of 0201's from them and they were smaller then their measurements. Go true to size, at least for the 0201's, and you'll be good.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They must be different then? hmm

I'm itching for a pair of 0701.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ BiG do have those white back stripes in 14oz... or at least they did a few months ago. i know cuz i tried them on. as for context measurements on the 15.7oz, they're O/W. however, maybe they're just different model/cut altogether.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics