• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trends you hate on plebs

hnlax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Agreed with that sentiment.

On another note, I'm so sick of seeing stone washed dad jeans with running sneakers on men, especially between the ages of 18-35. What the **** man for real? Someone else mentioned how they notice jeans get all caught up or even purposefully tucked into these ******* Reebok pump *****.

I feel sick to my stomach when I see this. For the same price of these ugly ass stone washes, a pair of dark Levi's will fix that horrific **** up. And although they're not anything mind-blowing, a pair of Purcel's to go along with them would automatically upgrade this nightmare. Fuuuuuuuu

agreed. i can never understand why younger guys would wear a pair of dad jeans. you see it at college a lot. fine, maybe people don't care about what they wear. that's great. but at the store, when they buy the jeans, there are dark jeans next to the light jeans. do they try on the light jeans and honestly think that they look good? i feel that dark jeans are so much more versatile and, to some extent, more sleek and slimming.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Girls in white tights. You look like a nurse. And not the hot nurses of lore, but in the current sense.

Guys in bootcut jeans with Nike SB's. I don't know which item is trying to swallow the other.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brigden
I'm amazed no one mentioned the most heinous trend crime of all...

Mustaches.

Particularly, ironic mustaches. They inspire murderous rage. Comparatively, everything in this thread is totally kosher.

I don't see whats so bad about mustaches. Now a goatee, on the other hand, is extremely hard to pull off. A full beard is probably the easiest facial hair to pull off.

michaelp123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hnlax
agreed. i can never understand why younger guys would wear a pair of dad jeans. you see it at college a lot. fine, maybe people don't care about what they wear. that's great. but at the store, when they buy the jeans, there are dark jeans next to the light jeans. do they try on the light jeans and honestly think that they look good? i feel that dark jeans are so much more versatile and, to some extent, more sleek and slimming.

This is the uniform of the software development industry I work in.. it's pathetic. Dad jeans with running shoes and some free corporate logo t-shirt.. some guy in the office was wearing this **** with flip-flops... the more "trendy" guys are upgrading to the tattoo look t-shirts. They are all paid very well.. they can afford to look half-way decent.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
i hate people who walked into american apparel and bought their whole outfit there.

FACK!

if someone was smart they could do a whole AA look and it not be so obvious. There is a AA ad at the end of the recent Fantastic Man mag I believe and i wouldn't have know it was AA if it didn't say AMERICAN APPAREL on the spread.

Arms_Akimbo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
I don't see whats so bad about mustaches.
I think we're taking about this:
tumblr_kpscj9py521qzzhzdo1_500.jpg

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Definitely don't mind the girls wearing tights/leggings. Even the girls without banging bodies look solid in them (obviously not counting the glaring mistakes that god made in his design). I've seen a lot of leather jackets around too and it's kinda hot. Not complaining

I have seen uggs on two gay guys lately and both on ones who i'm pretty sure thought they were "fabulous".

Doin' Fine.

Reaction score
Peacoats. Follow up statement...
I was at the football game today, I got my peacoat on. You know, standard peacoat. And then I notice all the other dudes wearing poorly designed peacoats with their graphic t or ed hardy hoodie, and their nasty garish wash skinnies, and their ridiculous color Dunk SB lows. Made me wanna burn my peacoat.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Desi
if someone was smart they could do a whole AA look and it not be so obvious. There is a AA ad at the end of the recent Fantastic Man mag I believe and i wouldn't have know it was AA if it didn't say AMERICAN APPAREL on the spread.

i sometimes wear AA t-shirt and cords out and i don't think it's that obvious

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
i sometimes wear AA t-shirt and cords out and i don't think it's that obvious

AA is far less offensive than your make up

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doin' Fine.
Peacoats. Follow up statement...
I was at the football game today, I got my peacoat on. You know, standard peacoat. And then I notice all the other dudes wearing poorly designed peacoats with their graphic t or ed hardy hoodie, and their nasty garish wash skinnies, and their ridiculous color Dunk SB lows. Made me wanna burn my peacoat.

Um, I think burning them is more appropriate. Just because you wear an article of clothing doesn't mean it looks good. Ask me to pick out the better dressed in a line up of 10 people wearing peacoats, and you best believe it ain't gonna be the assholes sporting them with ******* Nike Airshox or whatever the **** they are and Ed Hardy hoodies. Tote your **** proudly son.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone said it on page 2. ******* Hipsters.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^you're gonna make chrono mad

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah well if Chrono is anything like the hipster douche bags in PDX--I'll gladly give him a deserved punch in the face
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads