• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of nice gloves...?

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_2389-1.jpg
Dark purple dunhill lamb suede driving gloves. Flash makes them look bright blue, but they are very dark purple. Fit is very tight to the hand, but they aren't at all warm.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I walked through Saks or as I like to call it Goodwill the other day and they had some house label gloves which were surprisingly very nice, came in all sorts of colors, leathers, and linings. I have some RLPL gloves and these seemed just as nice if not nicer. Or maybe I'm just a tard.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
IMG_2389-1.jpg

Dark purple dunhill lamb suede driving gloves. Flash makes them look bright blue, but they are very dark purple. Fit is very tight to the hand, but they aren't at all warm.

Those are nice
worship.gif

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
I wanted the slightly longer glove. I don't think the names really mean anything and on some there seems to be no real difference... but I do know these had the sleeker, less-blocky fingertips.

At any rate- not sure I recall the model, and yes, I prefer them without stitching.

I can see I worded that poorly. What I meant was that yours didn't seem long enough to be the Tiffany. *shrug*

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
I wanted the slightly longer glove. I don't think the names really mean anything and on some there seems to be no real difference... but I do know these had the sleeker, less-blocky fingertips.

At any rate- not sure I recall the model, and yes, I prefer them without stitching.

At any rate, your gloves look great. Congratulations!
smile.gif

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Surprise surprised, order placed on 7 Oct arrived in Singapore on 20 Oct. Apparently my gf's hands fit a stock size 7 (sizing sticker came with the gloves), so I guess it was not made to order. Fits well anyway, so who cares!

Chester Jeffries Snowdon, handsewn in purple sueded lambskin with lambswool lining:
P1010932.jpg

P1010934.jpg

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by winston
I can see I worded that poorly. What I meant was that yours didn't seem long enough to be the Tiffany. *shrug*

Originally Posted by apropos
At any rate, your gloves look great. Congratulations!
smile.gif

Thanks guys. Winston- at any rate, I cannot remember the exact model.

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robes of Executiveness
Photo taken from a suitable wardrobe site, chamois chester jeffs. http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/...ow-gloves.html

yellow+chamois.JPG

I will be ordering a hand traced pair soon, unlined since one can find any glove lining they need such as silk later. I want them to fit skin tight, as was depicted in a photo one posted of Winston Churchill wearing his on the street in his top hat.

Also remember seeing some gloves in the "Murder Rooms" series of Sherlock Holmes videos- white knight stratagem, one of the suspected was ambidextros, and had a penchant for chamois gloves.

For some reason I'm completely fond of chamois g-loves.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gshen
Surprise surprised, order placed on 7 Oct arrived in Singapore on 20 Oct. Apparently my gf's hands fit a stock size 7 (sizing sticker came with the gloves), so I guess it was not made to order. Fits well anyway, so who cares!

Chester Jeffries Snowdon, handsewn in purple sueded lambskin with lambswool lining:
P1010932.jpg

P1010934.jpg

I'm in the market for some shearling gloves.

What was the cost on those?

Robes of Executiveness

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jerome
For some reason I'm completely fond of chamois g-loves.
I think they should be more supple than the capeskin or other skins they offer. They don't list it as an option, but just give them the word and they can make them.

I can't really see the detail in the photo, but those are hand sewn, and the email I got from them said machine sewn will look cleaner(you can see this yourself in the above hand sewn suede gloves, the white outside stitching stands out and looks rougher) for the inseam stitching, and fit tighter, but more likely you'll feel the stitching on the inside if they're not lined, like I want.

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan
For that I prefer something like this: But I recommend going bespoke, as they don't really stretch a lot.
My first thought was "do armorers (armourers) still exist?" I am sure someone is eccentric enough to have a full set of armor made for themselves. Now that would be cool to have in your office: your own set of armor, and, of course, sword.

zr0e

Reaction score
CJ's bespoke service just costs an additional 20 gbp (on top of whichever glove design you choose) which seems quite reasonable. You do have to request it and then I am sure there are other additional steps... I am in communication with them now and we'll see.. .

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gshen

Just curious - did you provide a scanned outline drawing of your gf's hand to CJ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads