• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trends you hate on plebs

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Haha yeah I was about to post suit vests worn by themselves. Easiest way to look like you're trying too hard is to don a vest.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suit vest without suits is ridic, but I think there are certain vests that actually look great sans suit. Particularly wool or thicker type vests that help with layering in winter too. Suit vest fail big time though, agreed.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
meh, I think most of the time even the EG/workwear heavy wool vest looks kind of contrived and dorky. puffer/down vests can look cool.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
meh, I think most of the time even the EG/workwear heavy wool vest looks kind of contrived and dorky. puffer/down vests can look cool.

I think that's true when the full out workwear ensemble is attempted. I'm not down with the overly done often costume-y looks that the look-book does with many pieces, but in their own context I think it looks nice. I wouldn't wear it with a top hat, cane, full length overcoat, pocket watch for instance...who are we kidding with that biz?

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
I think that's true when the full out workwear ensemble is attempted. I'm not down with the overly done often costume-y looks that the look-book does with many pieces, but in their own context I think it looks nice. I wouldn't wear it with a top hat, cane, full length overcoat, pocket watch for instance...who are we kidding with that biz?
it can look good when its not the primary piece in the look, when its heavily layered and its hard to even tell its a vest

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it can look good when its not the primary piece in the look, when its heavily layered and its hard to even tell its a vest
Agreed with that sentiment. On another note, I'm so sick of seeing stone washed dad jeans with running sneakers on men, especially between the ages of 18-35. What the **** man for real? Someone else mentioned how they notice jeans get all caught up or even purposefully tucked into these ******* Reebok pump *****. I feel sick to my stomach when I see this. For the same price of these ugly ass stone washes, a pair of dark Levi's will fix that horrific **** up. And although they're not anything mind-blowing, a pair of Purcel's to go along with them would automatically upgrade this nightmare. Fuuuuuuuu

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
I hate Crocs on men, women and children alike.

However people are ragging on women wearing Uggs, Northface, Flip flops, etc. I don't really mind what a women wears as long as she wears it well. A naked women wearing only Uggs is hot, you guys should experience it.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
I dont really care that much about womens clothing trends other than fat girls wearing tights

another one that I've seen lately is really tacky bomber jackets

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HelloIDistance
I hate Crocs on men, women and children alike.

However people are ragging on women wearing Uggs, Northface, Flip flops, etc. I don't really mind what a women wears as long as she wears it well. A naked women wearing only Uggs is hot, you guys should experience it.

Haha, even though a naked woman can also look great with only Crocs on her feet too, doesn't mean they should do that does it? GTFO with Uggs. I'd rather have my woman wear a pair of pumps to go with her naked body.

And if I see a woman wearing Uggs with say PINK splattered all over her ass, as hot as she is, it's still a disaster. Stay classy ladies.

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
I dont really care that much about womens clothing trends other than fat girls wearing tights

Lol yeah dude fat girls wearing tights or leggings is ridiculous, everytime I see that I can't help but laugh.

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Haha, even though a naked woman can also look great with only Crocs on her feet too, doesn't mean they should do that does it? GTFO with Uggs. I'd rather have my woman wear a pair of pumps to go with her naked body.

And if I see a woman wearing Uggs with say PINK splattered all over her ass, as hot as she is, it's still a disaster. Stay classy ladies.

Haha not for me man. If a chick was wearing crocs I could not take her seriously. I hate crocs, I really don't mind Uggs. I happen to even like Uggs sometimes on women.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

hahaa been seeing this too

i ran into some dude i used to go to school with last year and he was wearing a graphic t with a vest but i still managed to keep a straight face when i said wassup man

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This loud Jersey girl, who stands out like a sore thumb here in Utah, with whom I work was so excited about her new Ed Hardy shoes with giant eagles on them because part of her job is teaching people about eagles. WTF. They will go great with all of the massive southwestern jewelry that she wears.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads