• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rugby solid university oxfords

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
from what ive read lands end shirts run long..too long to be left untucked

correct me if im wrong

sccoopy

Reaction score
I own some dress shirts and I agree with you. Also rugby is slightly slimmer than Jcrew based on my own experience.
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
from what ive read lands end shirts run long..too long to be left untucked correct me if im wrong

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
There's a pseudo-charity sale going on right now in all Ralph Lauren brand stores for 25%.

Basically, you get 25% off of the retail price, and 10% of that discount goes directly to a charity. I'm pretty sure it runs until the 12th.

There's a thread around here somewhere with the online coupon code (same deal as brick and mortar locations).

Thanks. I will check out the store tomorrow.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rugby OCBDs are far slimmer than J. Crew's OCBDs and noticeably slimmer than the Secret Wash shirts as well.

Black Fleece obviously blows Rugby out of the water, but I think Rugby is a much better value.

paulesquire1

Reaction score
how are they compared to gitman bros. vintage? they're medium fits me perfect. somebody should do a ocbd vs. breakdown.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by paulesquire1
how are they compared to gitman bros. vintage? they're medium fits me perfect. somebody should do a ocbd vs. breakdown.

I did a pretty exhaustive one a while ago, but that was a while before Gitman really came onto the scene. I'm sure you could dig it up.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by paulesquire1

I have a medium Rugby OCBD and the pit to pit is 21" which is the same as the gitman one based off the measurements at context. I could take the other measurements later when I have time and a measuring tape.

abs88

Reaction score
Just used the 25% off and did one of the create your own... People here will probly crucify me for this but I like the sort of "rock" ish look of the large skull and cross bones. Went with the pink oxford with black large skull and crossbones for wearing untucked with a cool pair of jeans or something.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timbaland
I have a medium Rugby OCBD and the pit to pit is 21" which is the same as the gitman one based off the measurements at context. I could take the other measurements later when I have time and a measuring tape.

Can someone post the measurements (shoulders, sleeve, length) of a medium? It would be much appreciated.

nohomo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
Rugby OCBDs are far slimmer than J. Crew's OCBDs and noticeably slimmer than the Secret Wash shirts as well.

+1

JCrew shirts are closer to BR shirts, somewhere in between BR's classic fit and slim fit. I just don't get this board's love for the JCrew shirts.

Rugby shirts also have slightly longer sleeves too I think, at least compared to PRL. Also, the button down collars don't quite have the same collar roll as PRL shirts.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
Can someone post the measurements (shoulders, sleeve, length) of a medium? It would be much appreciated.

Sorry, didn't have time to take the measurements earlier, but here they are:

shoulder to shoulder: 18"
sleeve length (from shoulder to end of sleeve): 25.5"
length (from base of collar to hem): 30.5"

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timbaland
Sorry, didn't have time to take the measurements earlier, but here they are:

shoulder to shoulder: 18"
sleeve length (from shoulder to end of sleeve): 25.5"
length (from base of collar to hem): 30.5"

Really? I just measured my medium oxford and got a shoulder to shoulder of 16.5''...

Are you measuring from the seams?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
Really? I just measured my medium oxford and got a shoulder to shoulder of 16.5''... Are you measuring from the seams?
Hey man. Yea I double-checked my measurements and I got the same measurements. I measured from seam to seam across the back of the shirt with the shirt buttoned all the way up. Are you sure you measured your shirt correctly or is that a size small? 16.5" is tiny shoulder measurements for a medium. Sounds like a small. Measure your pit to pit also and see if you got 21".

dron10

Reaction score
I can get the Rugby OCBDs for 40 so I have a bunch of them. The fit Is better than most otr ocbds. The only thing I dislike about them is that the arm is a little full for my taste; they could slim it down a bit. Otherise they are great shirts

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heh, yeah I goofed.
smile.gif

I'm getting 17.5'' now.

^ How do you get them for $40?!?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads