• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

youngScholar

Reaction score
While I'm sure they'd slip on ice, overall how are they in snowy conditions?

Does anyone own and/or have pics of the lug soled ones?

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nocoolonesleft
Here's a pic of mine with about 2 years wear. I oil them every few months to prevent cracking. By far the most comfortable footwear I've owned and I think they aged nicely. They got a few compliments in the last thread about boots:

boots.jpg

absolutely beautiful.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
absolutely beautiful.

theyre boots, man, dont call them "beautiful". they can be cool or kick-ass or something, but not beautiful

nocoolonesleft

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
theyre boots, man, dont call them "beautiful". they can be cool or kick-ass or something, but not beautiful

That's completely asinine.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nocoolonesleft
That's completely asinine.

i guess so if you wear work boots around nyc. by the way good catch on my sarcasm

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To each their own homie.. -- the last thing i'm trying to do is persuade anyone on an internet forum of my manliness with the words i use, or don't use, to describe boots or anything of the sort...

I think certain things are beautiful, as you do as well, and those boots being one of them. May sound oxymoronic or corny, but not to me..But you have a right to think otherwise, more power to you..

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i guess so if you wear work boots around nyc. by the way good catch on my sarcasm

as in joke. i wish you motherfuckers would read before going into these unnecessary rants

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
as in joke. i wish you motherfuckers would read before going into these unnecessary rants

kinda hard to convey sarcasm or your joke based on your text, but i digress..

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
But it's so true. I mean can anyone say that they would rather purchase the Katahdin Iron Works over a pair of Redwings or Alden Indy's if money were not an option?

I have Indy boots, Context Tanker boots, some Russell Moccasin chukkas and Katahdins. I still wear the Katahdins fairly regularly because I really like them. I think they are a great looking boot, and the quality is just out of this world considering the price. They aren't as sleek as my Alden boots but overall the look is very classic. Also, they are quite comfortable and will once again be my go to boot for snowy days this year.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
But it's so true. I mean can anyone say that they would rather purchase the Katahdin Iron Works over a pair of Redwings or Alden Indy's if money were not an option?
Yes. I don't like Red Wings that much and although I like the shape and colour and leather of the Indy's, I'm not the biggest fan of the stitching on the toe. I don't have a problem with it, I just wouldn't buy it myself, especially at $300 or $400+ or whatever they cost. Now if money was no object I'd have a pair of W+H service boots
worship.gif

IGF-1

Reaction score
any idea if chippewa makes a similar lace-up in black? i'm shying away from frye brandos (or is it the rand now?)

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I am probably going to pick up a pair of these for the winter

If I'm a 12 in adidas/nike/most sneakers, 11.5 for these?

nocoolonesleft

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
I am probably going to pick up a pair of these for the winter

If I'm a 12 in adidas/nike/most sneakers, 11.5 for these?

I bought mine true to size and they're a little big, so yeah; that would probably do it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads