• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trends you hate on plebs

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those crazy plaid flannels from UO that mix neon colors with earth tones and give me seizures. Also garishly loud shoes, especially when worn err'day with err'thang from black skinny jeans to dress pants.

Nudies!!!!!!!!

chroMe

Reaction score
Lots of n.american backcountry look for past few years, black/red check or 'bush' jackets as we deem back home. Hunting hats complete with fur in central london looks like they are a bit special. Manitobah mukaluks is next, I surmise.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
Nudies!!!!!!!!

Why are they bad? They have some nice fits and the prices are pretty down to earth. Quality is pretty good too.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CBrown85
anything and everything Ed Hardy or Affliction

do you beat women like the other CBrown?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
There are a lot of asian girls who wear either tights or fishnets under short shorts. Often jean shorts. It looks ******* ridiculous. I've actually seen red jean shorts over black stockings, you look like Micky Mouse, wtf were you thinking.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hypebeasty flannels and rainbow colored wayfarers

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscotti
Why are they bad? They have some nice fits and the prices are pretty down to earth. Quality is pretty good too.
I take issue with the branding, and that people who don't really appreciate the fit, quality, or certain aspects of raw denim buy them just because of the back pocket stitching. I don't really hate them, but I definitely think they've become played out and cliche. Plus, you can probably find better denim for less money if that's legitimately why you are buying them. Skinny jeans with flats is totally fine, what the hell else would you wear skinny jeans with? Most girls look ridiculous when they pair denim with high heels because they have no ******* idea what they are doing.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nonissue
I take issue with the branding, and that people who don't really appreciate the fit, quality, or certain aspects of raw denim buy them just because of the back pocket stitching. I don't really hate them, but I definitely think they've become played out and cliche. Plus, you can probably find better denim for less money if that's legitimately why you are buying them.

Skinny jeans with flats is totally fine, what the hell else would you wear skinny jeans with? Most girls look ridiculous when they pair denim with high heels because they have no ******* idea what they are doing.

See I don't give a **** about branding, and honestly, maybe they are well known on the web, but they are not in the real world.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Yeah Nudies are moderately known, but not WELL known. They're not like Diesel or D&G status. And if the cut fits you then they're fine, fast fading. Definitely don't belong on anyone's **** list for reasons other than practical/durability. The branding isn't particularly obnoxious.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nudies blew up two years ago. Now, you can buy raw, even selvedge denim in practically any store, so Nudies are less prevalent. I really don't think they are a problem. In fact, I think they make flattering cuts and look good on most guys that wear them. They offer a variety of cuts and washed or raw denim and that works for a lot of people.

things I don't like:

chambray shirts: I don't get this at all. I don't know how something that looks like a denim shirt became a must-have or something that people are gagging to buy.

buffalo check shirts: I don't think I need to explain this, I just don't like it.

wayfarers: everyone. Really? Everyone? EVERYONE WENT OUT AND BOUGHT WAYFARERS? It eludes me why so many people, upon needing a pair of sunglasses, decided to buy the pair that everyone else was wearing.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
white wayfarers worn as glasses
cuffed non selvage jeans

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore leggings as pants...
Originally Posted by nonissue

Skinny jeans with flats is totally fine, what the hell else would you wear skinny jeans with?

sneakers? I like my women from the streets! i do hate when skinny jeans stack when someone wearing flats or god forbid flip-devil-flops. so nasty.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics