• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
lol @ MEGA

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
lol @ MEGA
megatronpeacoat.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
First one I ever got was soundwave though I did love me some megatron.

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
I have a 33" chest or so (I dunno, I measured between 33 and 34, and my tailor measured between 32 and 33) and wear a 32. I could have slimmed down to 30, but it's silly because I need to be able to wear a sweater, oxford, and vneck under it at the very least for when it's cold... And that's making the 32 almost bulge as is let alone a 30 lol Size down 1 for layer, 2 is probably okay for no layering.
Originally Posted by dron10
I would go with the 34R Sriracha, I also have a 36 inch chest and its slim, but I can fit a sweater on underneath pretty easily. If you really want it to be tight get a 32R. Being that you live in California, I think you would be able to get away with a 32 since you likely won't need to layer.
Thanks Fellas. Yeah the most I would probably have to layer is a thin sweater or cardigan consider it gets to around 50s here in the Bay Area. Anyone have experience with this coat? A bit more expensive, but looks pretty good. http://www.schottnyc.com/products/li...ol-peacoat.htm

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x-post from filson thread as well

Sterlingwear Authentic peacoat
Filson vest
Marc by Marc Jacobs button down
Epaulet Grey Chambray Tie
APC NS
Clarks DB

4014412890_93b766df0b.jpg

4014412542_d7aed47eed.jpg

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
x-post from filson thread as well

Sterlingwear Authentic peacoat
Filson vest
Marc by Marc Jacobs button down
Epaulet Grey Chambray Tie
APC NS
Clarks DB

4014412890_93b766df0b.jpg

4014412542_d7aed47eed.jpg

I like the combo's. Now tuck in the shirt and shorten the tie length and you're money.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wore my inapt tight fit peacoat today... still holding up well after 2 years and onto its 3rd... it somehow fits better this year as well

Adrian101

Reaction score
I'm interested in purchasing this peacoat by Topman, but I have some questions. I'm 5 ft 7 1/2 in (5'7.5") tall, I weigh between 140-145 lbs, 37" inch chest. 1- How's the quality of this coat? 2- Are arm holes high or just right on this jacket? 3 - Which size should I aim for? ( I would like a "just enough" bit of room to wear a sweater/hoody, I live in NYC.) 4 -Where does the end of the jacket hit? ( a. On the waist, b. right above the thigh, c. or lower?) {I'd rather it pass the waist, I don't like it cropped at all. However, I'm short so I don't want to make me even look shorter than I already am, thanks.} 5- How warm is it? Link is below: http://us.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stor...1384&langId=-1

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my Krane Ayling arrived today and it's an incredible coat

amnesiac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Adrian101
I live in NYC

Personally, I wouldn't spend that kind of money at Topman if only because I get an awful headache every time I step foot in there, and their quality is hit or miss or just overpriced. There's always exceptions, why don't you actually go to Topshop yourself and find out?

Also, I personally dislike epaulets on almost anything that isn't actually surplus because at this point it's just annoying, mostly. I'd also check out peacoats at places like Dave's Army Surplus just to see if you don't mind the actual naval issue styled ones with 4 rows of buttons (some have 5).

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scb
my Krane Ayling arrived today and it's an incredible coat

Originally Posted by sho'nuff
got to post up a pic of my marc by marc cropped peacoat when i can

Both of you mother f-ers need to post pics or GTFO
smile.gif

oroy38

Reaction score
I got a Navy Issue peacoat in black at a local military surplus store for around $40. It's cheaper and better made than anything I've seen in stores, and a hell of a lot warmer too. What I really liked about it was the cut. I wear a 38R, and when I bought the 38, it was quite fitted. The armholes are high, but the sleeves themselves are roomy enough to accommodate arms covered by sweater sleeves and shirts without pulling them up. So if you have a military surplus store around where you live, i highly suggest checking them out. Great deals to be had.

gwydion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by d-nice
when is the WvG peacoat available? any idea on what it looks like? there wasnt any info on it in the WvG thread. its starting to get cold so im looking to pull the triger in the next week or two.
Mauro said before Thanksgiving(Nov 28th?). I think there was a picture of it in the Official Farinelli's thread but it was missing a few things.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
randomhangukdude you desperately need to tuck in the shirt and shorten the tie little homie

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads