• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
Where can you buy Rollins and Red Cages at the moment...on sale if poss? Does the Cage come a full size down like Starrs?

Red Rollins were from a year ago and seemed to only be available from UK PS site.
Red Cages were from this Spring and were available at Barney's and Gimme Shoes.
Haven't seen them since.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I have a pair of Red Cages listed in B&S. What's your size?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Those cordo Ricards you have are so beautiful, and in my size too! So completely unnecessary in my life right now though, BUT THE GREEN SOLES!
inlove.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OUCH! Just received the $62 customs fee for the Bihars.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If anyone's interested, I found a few pairs of Millers in tan suede discounted pretty low. I'd be willing to proxy and it'd come out to be ~$240+shipping (which is still a deal seeing as how they retailed at $440 USD and the new one's from PS online are $320 [with the rubber soles
plain.gif
]). Sizes: 8 [2], 9 [2], 9.5, 10 (all sizes UK, didn't ask but the possibility exists of more sizes in the back, could go check tomorrow) They also had a single pair of Rabbits in red suede, sz 12, which I would be able to proxy at $155+shipping (original price $250, not sure if PS dropped the price or what but the one's on their site are $143, no red suede though) Disclaimer: Some of the soles have writing on them with what looks like silver sharpie, if it is then it should come out with a bit of rubbing alcohol if that's problematic with you. Also, shipping only to US and CAN please. PM if interested

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

muffinman

Reaction score
I received my bihars. I sized down 1 full size from my starrs as people were saying here. They are a bit too tight, wish I had gone down only half a size. Just a heads up for you guys considering them. If anyone wants to trade a uk 6 for a uk 6.5 let me know.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't you just love it when you open the mailbox and see this thick envelope from FedEx? I just sent in my payment yesterday, they really should let you pay online though, I think FedEx is the only payment I make by mailing in a check, all my other bills are either online or through the bank.

Originally Posted by muffinman
I received my bihars. I sized down 1 full size from my starrs as people were saying here. They are a bit too tight, wish I had gone down only half a size. Just a heads up for you guys considering them. If anyone wants to trade a uk 6 for a uk 6.5 let me know.

I think it might still stretch a bit after break in so it might just mold to your foot after a wear or two.

JonB27

Reaction score
So now that I ordered the Bihars I keep looking at the dark brown suede corso's (its always something)... Should I order the same size as Rollins in the corso's?

l8p2

Reaction score
Hi, I have a corso boot in UK 8. It fits me pretty well. I am normally 9.5D~10D in other shoes. I am interested in Pablo. What's its fit relative to corso? Thx.

DTJ

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just browsing to find the answer to a sizing question. I have the Cage in a size 8 and was wondering what size of the achille to get. I heard they run big but I didn't know in relation to what. Anyone with experience beyond zippy's earlier post?

Thanks in advance!

Also, does anyone know if they have subtle distressing or too much distressing?? I know it seems a dumb question, but sometimes those suede treatments are a bit overdone imo..

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So all of this sizing advice is YMMV. Don't blame me if you get the wrong size. THis is all based on my feet.

Originally Posted by JonB27
So now that I ordered the Bihars I keep looking at the dark brown suede corso's (its always something)... Should I order the same size as Rollins in the corso's?

Rollins have a pretty generous fit much like the Corso. I'd get the same size.

Originally Posted by l8p2
Hi, I have a corso boot in UK 8. It fits me pretty well. I am normally 9.5D~10D in other shoes. I am interested in Pablo. What's its fit relative to corso? Thx.

Pablo fits smaller than Corso. I'd go 1/2 size UP.

Originally Posted by DTJ
Hey guys, I was just browsing to find the answer to a sizing question. I have the Cage in a size 8 and was wondering what size of the achille to get. I heard they run big but I didn't know in relation to what. Anyone with experience beyond zippy's earlier post?

Thanks in advance!

Also, does anyone know if they have subtle distressing or too much distressing?? I know it seems a dumb question, but sometimes those suede treatments are a bit overdone imo..

I sized down 1/2 size in the Achille compared to the Cage.

Amount of distressing I think varies by color. I've got dark brown ones and the distressing isn't very apparent. I saw the green and red ones at Barney's and the distressing is even less apparent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads