• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Underwear bunches up at crotch

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this might seem like a dumb question, but I bet some of you have had this problem before. I wear boxer briefs and after sitting down for a while, they start to bunch up at the crotch area, making it really uncomfortable. Would I avoid this problem by wearing a different type of underwear?

Station

Reaction score
Wear some little panties. Should cover your ****** perfectly.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
or kawk needs to be tucked under.

seriously: boxer briefs.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
I really don't get why guys wear boxers for underwear. It is so messy for a variety of reasons. I wear the common cotton briefs. You know, fruit of the loom, jockey, fits snug and hugs keeps all junk inside. Doesn't mess with the super 150s pants silhouette. Also you don't have to worry about pushing down your boxers into slim jeans.

Lowndes

Reaction score
You ask a lot of questions about your crotch.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am already wearing boxer briefs but maybe if I get some that aren't so loose they won't ride up so easily.

Mr. White

Reaction score
Fruit of the Loom, Hanes, etc., ordinary cotton briefs hold it in place and don't mess with your motion. But you get those rubber cuts into your hips that don't heal for decades.

Generally, men with an active sex life prefer ordinary woven boxers (not knit, not boxer briefs). The shorter the leg, the better the feel under slacks.

Woven boxers and slacks best present your head when it's in rest mode or at half staff. And you get the peek-a-boo action. That's the long and short of it. Knits, especially any type of briefs, are for youth who get full-blown boners as soon as they get on the school bus. Keep that stuff hidden unless it's long enough to poke out beyond the belt line.

You asked.

Robby517

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
It is so messy for a variety of reasons.

Please explain because i cannot see why they are messy, decent stretch boxers don't bunch up at the crotch and at least you don't look like an old man to the ladies.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

coolwaterz

Reaction score
i wear boxer briefs and i have never had this problem, ever. sounds to me that you either have extraodinarily small testicles and manhood (which i doubt is the case??) or your wearing ones that are too large for you.

the boxer briefs by design are snug around the thigh area keeping them from riding up your crotch

EDIT- now that i think really hard, i had a pair of calvin klein boxer briefs that were a more sheen material that tended to ride up a little. make sure you get standard cotton ones and ones that end between your thigh area. the calvins i had ended a little higher than my others as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads