• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What watch do you wear?

Geste

Reaction score
I would recommend, highly, the Oakley "TimeMachine" watch series for casualwear, outdoor, and streetwear.

A very rugged design, titanium, and with options for bands and colors. Their popularity is catching on quick. ($995. - $2,000. - the "bling, bling" edition.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geste
I would recommend, highly, the Oakley "TimeMachine" watch series for casualwear, outdoor, and streetwear.

A very rugged design, titanium, and with options for bands and colors. Their popularity is catching on quick. ($995. - $2,000. - the "bling, bling" edition.

You've got to be kidding me. That watch looks HORRENDOUS in my opinion, not to mention the ridiculous price tag.
timetank.jpg

Geste

Reaction score
That's exactly the ONE I have - I will post a pic.

mshemons

Reaction score

Jesus if you're going to be a shill at least put a referral link in your post. Might as well get paid for it, you know?

Geste

Reaction score
..point taken - THNX!

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
When did you get this?

for some reason im not really thinking he has it. hes already posted about $30 grand worth of watches. if he actually does own them, he is cooler than you

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
for some reason im not really thinking he has it. hes already posted about $30 grand worth of watches. if he actually does own them, he is cooler than you

Why wouldn't he own them?
RFX is a cool guy but if you're measuring coolness by watches owned, I think you want to reconsider that assessment.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn't even know that statement was about me.
laugh.gif

He obviously haven't seen Zippy's watch colelction.
lol8[1].gif

And yes, I do own the J12 and I got the J12 probably 2 years ago.
If I wanted to impress anyone, I think I would pick a much more impressive watch than the J12.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Guys 20-30 I work with tell me they never wear watches and just use their cell phones to tell time.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Guys 20-30 I work with tell me they never wear watches and just use their cell phones to tell time.

What's funny is I fall into that age range, always wear a nice watch, and check my phone for the time half the time, lol.

hiphawpdrunkie

Reaction score
IWC 3717
IWC Big Pilot 5002
Breitling Superocean Steelfish

Thinking about picking up an IWC Big Ingenieur soon...

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hiphawpdrunkie
IWC 3717
IWC Big Pilot 5002
Breitling Superocean Steelfish

Thinking about picking up an IWC Big Ingenieur soon...

If you have the wrist to wear it (I think it wears bigger than the BP, JMHO), go for it, it's an awesome watch! Also love the Ingenieur Vintage.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That's exactly the ONE I have - I will post a pic.

I'd like to know if you'll still like it 6 months from now.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
If you have the wrist to wear it (I think it wears bigger than the BP, JMHO), go for it, it's an awesome watch! Also love the Ingenieur Vintage.

The Big Inge looks overwhelmingly bigger than the BP.
Not my pic by the way.
IWCMissionEarthIngRef3236020.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads