• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

poissa

Reaction score
Grenson shoes are on Gilt, can anyone share information about their quality?

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Without seeing the shoes in question, it's hard to say because Grenson makes a variety of lines. There is tons of info here on Grensons due the legendary Paul Stuart and Bennie's sales. In short, they used to make a "Masterpiece" line that was very nice, about the same level as Crockett & Jones Handgrade. They've discontinued that line, though, and their current Rose collection is not as nice.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that link works only for members. Perhaps someone else can look at those particular shoes for you.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr_Mike
Quick question, is the replacing of a chest logo with your initials on a polo shirt considered classy or tacky?

That would be awesome. You should totally do it.

Originally Posted by poissa
http://www.gilt.com/s/grenson/product/17618420 these are the shoes in question

The Gilt-listed retail price of $315 suggests they are from their lower line(s). When would you wear black patent leather shoes?

poissa

Reaction score
The Gilt-listed retail price of $315 suggests they are from their lower line(s). When would you wear black patent leather shoes?

I'm thinking to formal / conservative occasions. Weddings and job interviews. Certainly not with jeans, khakis, cords, it seems it won't work without a suit/tux.

freakshow

Reaction score
I have no style - NONE - like 1980's jeans and black leather shoes with a button down shirt. I need help and I have a question. Khaki sports jacket - what do I wear for pants? shoes? And should I just toss everything out and start over?
thanks

cimabue

Reaction score
Nice jeans and some brogues, I'm thinking. But khaki jackets are done till next season, no?

GloryField

Reaction score
Anyone know what tie would go well with a lavender colored dress shirt and charcoal gray suit? This is for a semi-formal ball.

tiesb.jpg

Thanks

poissa

Reaction score
I do not like the options! sorry being honest.

GloryField

Reaction score
what would go well with lavender then? And if you had to pick one....

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GloryField
Anyone know what tie would go well with a lavender colored dress shirt and charcoal gray suit? This is for a semi-formal ball.

The left two look the least obnoxious.

GloryField

Reaction score
so the purple one actually won't work well with lavender? If anyone has pictures of a few ties that would work well with lavender shirt, can u post it? thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads