• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Tony Biddle List for the 21st Century

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
I used to be young. How old do you think I am? I am no old fellow like J-Lib, Tomasso or Manton.

OMG, do you think Foo is really a "robot in disguise"???????

Let's just say that I think you're somewhat older than I am and I was 10 when the series originally aired in 84.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I still have the Optimus prime van hidden somewhere. Can't find Starscream but I had him, Megatron and the casette player.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
another threak hijacked. High fives all around.

Galvatron high-fived Prime after Prime defeated the Hate Plague. Well, it was a hand shake, but same difference. Very cool.

"There will be no war today, Optimus. You have earned Galvatron's respect."

How effing awesome is that?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Let's just say that I think you're somewhat older than I am and I was 10 when the series originally aired in 84.

I'm slightly younger than you and so is RJ.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I'm slightly younger than you and so is RJ.

Outed.

MF, do you have the series on DVD on something? I haven't seen an episode of the show in over 20 years.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I still have the Optimus prime van hidden somewhere. Can't find Starscream but I had him, Megatron and the casette player.

My brother was in high school at the time, and he helped me collect every single G1 figure. Of course, I managed to break each one, but we had them.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
My brother was in high school at the time, and he helped me collect every single G1 figure. Of course, I managed to break each one, but we had them.

Not sure if this is information you want to be sharing with a bunch of people who make snarky comments at you...

Is G1 when there were only like 20 Transformers total, or was it when there were like 70 with all the crazy ones like the Triple Changers and the Jumpstarters?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I had a non-parentally approved habit of crucifying GIJoes using small nails and popsicle batons. In a game of one upmanship between friends we graduated to burning those poor crucified victims. For some reason my parents were not pleased w. the burning crosses.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think it's salient to point out that Optimus Prime consistently dressed in the same outfit whereas Megatron switched things up.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is G1 when there were only like 20 Transformers total, or was it when there were like 70 with all the crazy ones like the Triple Changers and the Jumpstarters?

I didn't have all the post-movie Transformers, but many of them (including the big ones like Metroplex, Tripticon, and even Fortress Maximus). I had all the pre-movie figures, which numbered far more than twenty.

I lost interest when they introduced the Pretenders. Blegh. The Head- and Targetmasters were cool though. I had ever iteration of Prime, including the lame Powermaster version that didn't transform and, perversely, sat in a battle truck.

I had a non-parentally approved habit of crucifying GIJoes using small nails and popsicle batons. In a game of one upmanship between friends we graduated to burning those poor crucified victims. My parents were not pleased.

This explains.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
MF, do you have the series on DVD on something? I haven't seen an episode of the show in over 20 years.

Sure do. As soon as they came out a few years ago, people started gifting them to me for Christmas and my birthday. I wound up with multiples.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sure do. As soon as they came out a few years ago, people started gifting them to me for Christmas and my birthday. I wound up with multiples.

lookaround.gif

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
RJ, are you familiar with the Masterpiece collectible toys that Takara/Hasbro have put out over the past few years? They are meant to be the ultimate versions of the original characters, using die-cast metal parts and hyper-realistic robot and vehicle modes that are deadly faithful to the animated versions. At retail each cost around $150. They started with Prime, and followed with Ultra Magnus, Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, and Grimlock.

You need this:

44182467fc3d5a31e4.jpg

44182467fc3d77a8fb.jpg

Even comes with his coronation gear:

MPSSKITA.gif

Make sure you get the Japanese version (under the Takara label, not Hasbro). The American versions are cheesified and come in tacky packaging.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads