• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim fitting chinos / pants

benchan

Reaction score
Does you guys have access to Gant...........Their chinos are quite slim, their model name is a bit tacky called Ivy league preppy chino or something.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by van_hammersly
Not sure how useful this will be to you but i have the urban slim fits in a 29 and the thighs are huge, to me. They're 12" and the pants only have a 7.5" leg opening so it looks way too tapered to me.
Thanks for this. I would need a bigger size, but i did wonder about that ratio. That's too small a leg opening for me, if not in practice than in theory--i want a slimmer cut, but not super skinny, which is what that opening will look like on me.

the_pole

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sipang
IMG_0878.jpg

Acne Guy navy chino : this is looking much more like one would expect a slim chino to be, slim from top to bottom. Surprinsingly, the waist is apparently pretty wide by standards but it works well for me.
IMG_0883.jpg

what shoes are those ?

Mexicorn

Reaction score
I know express is usually frowned upon here, but given previous recommendations about their "producer" pants, I decided to check them out. I actually found this interesting cut called the "photographer" pant. http://www.express.com/catalog/produ...latedItem=true
pguide_forhim_photographer.jpg
It's a jean cut, and has a bit of a sheen to it, but are definitely the best fitting pants I've had on. They fit very much like a Levi's 514 up top, but have a bit more taper. I usually wear 31's in Levi's, but had to get a 30 in these since they seem to be super vanity sized (my true waist is around 33"). They go for about $60, but I got them for $45 on sale which I'm sure is common for a store like this.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the quality?

kidkorea

Reaction score
Got a pair of the Jil Sanders x Uniqlo Khaki's for sale in a size 30.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=143045

Pretty slim fit...here are the measurements:

Waist: 15.1
Thigh: 10.5
Knee: 7.9
Inseam 33.2
Leg Opening: 7.5
Front rise: 9.8
Back rise: 12.5

I've been looking for a slim pair of khaki's for a while. These have a great sheen to them as well and the quality is really great. Couldn't be happier!
smile.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I might check those photographer pants out. On the other hand, I got myself a bunch of Levis 511 trouser pants and they fit pretty well. These ones has a lighter material, feels more like chinos from Levis.com.
712.jpg
10030910.jpg
These ones are also called 511 trousers but it has a heavier weight and more denim like thickness, from Pacsun.com.
118.jpg
These are the Levis 514's trousers from UO.
093009-1.jpg

kidkorea

Reaction score
The last levi's pair (514) fit you the best IMO. Look great.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks.
All of them actually fits pretty well, pics just looks awkward seeing it only from the waist down.
I guess it looks a bit better in this pic?
092609.jpg

steezin

Reaction score
RFX45;2551216 said:
I might check those photographer pants out.

These ones are also called 511 trousers but it has a heavier weight and more denim like thickness, from Pacsun.com.
118.jpg

QUOTE]

Edit: Opps i now see its is your picture! Would like to know shoe details nonetheless...
Thanks.
I also like these trousers alot!

Mexicorn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I might check those photographer pants out.

On the other hand, I got myself a bunch of Levis 511 trouser pants and they fit pretty well.
These ones has a lighter material, feels more like chinos from Levis.com.

Interesting. Did you size up on the 511's or do they fit looser than their denim counterpart? Maybe i have wider thighs, but I always felt 511 jeans to be too form fitting, even after sizing up one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads