• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tote bag - any thoughts on this

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of feminine. Then again, it depends on your demeanor.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
Since you brought up Filson, I bought this for slightly over $60 on eBay. The seller has more:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1171

That's fine. I know the cost on Filson items so if they want to sell them at that price so be it. Of course I have warned people that there is seconds floating around and most of them are on Ebay.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
That's fine. I know the cost on Filson items so if they want to sell them at that price so be it. Of course I have warned people that there is seconds floating around and most of them are on Ebay.
Really? Tell me more.

Edit: Oh, just saw your screen name
lookaround.gif

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? Tell me more.

Edit: Oh, just saw your screen name
lookaround.gif

Yes really. Carhartt has seconds too and guess where you'll find them? One of our competitors has built a substantial market share by dealing in seconds and that's just fine with us.

We talked about doing this and decided it was not in our best interests in the long run. We are and will remain a premium dealer in first run, first quality goods at a reasonable price. We built a business that's survived well over a hundred years on this premise so we must be doing something right.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
Yes really. Carhartt has seconds too and guess where you'll find them? One of our competitors has built a substantial market share by dealing in seconds and that's just fine with us.

We talked about doing this and decided it was not in our best interests in the long run. We are and will remain a premium dealer in first run, first quality goods at a reasonable price. We built a business that's survived well over a hundred years on this premise so we must be doing something right.

I'm just wondering how to tell?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering how to tell?

Did it come with all the tags attached? If so do the numbers match a known first run piece? Usually seconds have a slightly different tag number. Other than that typical seconds look identical other than a cosmetic blem that may or may not be readily visible.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It came with a tag with no price on it. I didn't think to check the tag number, and haven't found any blemishes. Too bad I threw the tag out earlier.

Are there any other cosmetic things to look for, like in other shoes and bags they'll drill holes or stamp IR on the leather?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads