• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2010 Lexus LF-A

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
The way you stated your statement, it seemed like you were saying the M3 was a completely different car that was made from scratch. You even said right now that the ISF is a just an IS with a bigger engine., which isn't true. it has an 8-speed auto ******, bigger brakes, better suspension, bigger wheels, new exhaust, etc... Are you really going to tell me the M3 isn't just a new body kit, bigger engine, better suspension, bigger breaks, new ******, etc... come to think of it, the ****** is probably the same used in the 335 (not sure though).

Again, I never denied M/AMG/S models aren't suped up versions, but are done better, likely due to years of being in the segment, and provide more options.

I don't know about picking every little option but I think having all the standard features is better than having barely any. I know I do. It also works with Nissan Altima coupe, most of their options are 1-2 at most and are a package.

Sure, with an Altima, it's great to have lots of features standard, but when you start talking about performance cars, even including the likes of Porsches and Ferraris, having a la carte options is going to be preferred, because it allows your non-enthusiast to create a more luxurious sports car while giving your enthusiast buyer the option to have a car with few options. It also allows people to have a more personalized car -- if you're going to drop $70k+ on a car, it's nice to have lots of options to make it "your car."

My belief that the price difference is $8k-$10k also comes from the fact that the M3 coupe and convertible are an option M3 buyers could choose from. Look into those options and the price difference jumps but I know we are talking about the sedans. But if you really want to get to the nitty-gritty of things, you can get a much higher discount on the ISF than that of the M3 so either way, you will be paying much more for the M3. I just tried building a fully loaded ISF at Lexus.com and a fully loaded M3 at BMWUSA.com and the M3 sedan came up to about $70k ($72k with M double clutch ******) and the ISF came to about $62k, that is an $8k-$10k difference. Even the split back seat is an option that has to be purchased from BMW, the same with the moonroof. Yeah I know who cares about the split backseat but you got to admit, BMW is more expensive and there really isn't anything wrong with that, that is just how Lexus wins most of their customers, drivers enthusiast or not. The same with Infiniti and Acura. The Japanese car companies are just giving more for a cheaper price compared to their German counter part.

Well, see, that's where you're not pricing and comparing properly as I did above. Like I said, the IS-F is fully loaded and actually offers buyers very little options -- Nav/upgrade sound, 6 metallic color choices, and only 2 interior leather choice... that's it. The BMW has was a lot more options, which is why a fully loaded one will give you a higher price. In fact, it has options that the Lexus doesn't offer as an option or standard on the IS-F. The split back fold down seat you mention that is an option with the BMW is neither available as an option or standard with the Lexus, along with the M3's headlight washers, electronic dampening control, power folding mirrors, power rear sunshade, auto high beams, and park distance control.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's really that ugly:

http://jalopnik.com/5386057/lexus-lf...tely-uncovered

500x_Lexus_LFA_6.jpg

500x_Lexus_LFA_7.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

--Andre

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
Yes, it's really that ugly:

http://jalopnik.com/5386057/lexus-lf...tely-uncovered

500x_Lexus_LFA_6.jpg

500x_Lexus_LFA_7.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

--Andre

I don't think it necessarily ugly, but it is completely lacking in grace. On a positive note, that interior is not only cool, but definately driver oriented.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stoops, looks like it should be in an import night with undercarriage neon and booming subwoofers

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
I don't think it necessarily ugly, but it is completely lacking in grace.

It's a Lexus, what the **** did you expect?

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bawlin
It's a Lexus, what the **** did you expect?
That's the thing, Lexus's are actually somewhat graceful in design (excluding the SC and their line of SUV's). In fact, they are almost too graceful, bordering on slightly boring. However, this is something somewhat similar to what you would see in a Fast and Furious flick.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
A $400k Lexus too.
I've heard conficting reports on price, but I really hope they don't try to price this thing at 400 grand. At that price, this has better be one of the fastest, best handling cars available. I could actually understand the 100-150k range, but at anything over 200k, you're really starting to open up to criticism. It'll still be interesting to see what this car will do.

phunt

Reaction score
Uhmmm... The number is $400K. Taking orders now. 500 cars over 2 years then poof, it's gone

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
I've heard conficting reports on price, but I really hope they don't try to price this thing at 400 grand. At that price, this has better be one of the fastest, best handling cars available. I could actually understand the 100-150k range, but at anything over 200k, you're really starting to open up to criticism.

It'll still be interesting to see what this car will do.

I heard that they will limit production to 500, which is why they have the "premium" pricing. I would agree that this car should be 175k at the highest, with 125-150k being acceptable.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are some great pics. From some angles it looks pretty interesting, while at others it appears somewhat over-designed and awkward.

Atleast I can say it's not Toyota/Lexus boring.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads