• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
If you get anything in a pea coat other than authentic military issue, you're, well, less of a man.

it's sort of ignorant for you to say something like this. nothing wrong with getting a peacoat in other designs. i think 'man being' issues are when you have to label what you do or what others do as such.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by d-nice
Im leaning towards the JV one and its like $700 bucks less. My local Bloomingdales has both of them and they are going to be 30% OFF starting Wednesday.

Is this going to be on all Bloomingdales? I've never heard of this sale they are having, is there a coupon somewhere?

d-nice

Reaction score
I was at my local Bloomingdales in MA looking at coats today and the SA came over to me and told me that they were having a 30% OFF sale starting on Wednesday. There was just a Friends and Family 25%OFF sale a week or two ago. I pre-purchased a few items at 30% off. Im not sure how long the sale runs but it def starts on Wednesday and it seemed as if everything in the mens department was included. There was not a coupon needed; the SA just scanned a code in a book next to the register.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As for the warmth, I live in Kingston, ON, Canada. I have the authentic.

And it could be a little warmer... I wore it all winter long last year, and without a car meant lots of walking around outside. When it gets down below -20C you really need to layer. But honestly unless you've got something huge and puffy, you're going to need to layer like crazy anyways. I wear sz 32 and still have room to layer (chest is about ~33".)

If you live in Winnipeg or something this would probably function well as a fall jacket but in the winter you're just fucked buy something warmer.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
it's sort of ignorant for you to say something like this. nothing wrong with getting a peacoat in other designs. i think 'man being' issues are when you have to label what you do or what others do as such.
It was a joke. Lighten up.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by d-nice
I was at my local Bloomingdales in MA looking at coats today and the SA came over to me and told me that they were having a 30% OFF sale starting on Wednesday. There was just a Friends and Family 25%OFF sale a week or two ago. I pre-purchased a few items at 30% off. Im not sure how long the sale runs but it def starts on Wednesday and it seemed as if everything in the mens department was included. There was not a coupon needed; the SA just scanned a code in a book next to the register.

I called the Bloomingdales near me and it is an in store, one day sale only and the 30% off is only eligible for purchases of $750 or more on regular priced items.

d-nice

Reaction score
My SA didnt mention the $750 part but I did spend over that amount today. 30% off is a good deal if your buying multiple items or an expensive piece. I have never seen a 30% off sale for all items....im going to head back on Wednesday.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a good deal but Bloomingdales has had better deals. They usually have that 30% off $750+ purchases, with an additional $25 off $100+ purchase and then you get a $15 gift card for every $100 you spend, and all of those are stackable. That is one of the very few times I shop at Bloomingdales.

30% off is a good deal though, especially if you have an item you need to have now and don't want to risk missing out on your size.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
UO as in Urban Outfitters? They carry JV?
JV's quality is usually pretty good, it goes downhill as the lien goes to JV USA and Converse by JV but still decent enough if purchased on sale, especially on GILT.

d-nice

Reaction score
I have never seen JV at Urban Outfitters. Maybe Converse by JV? I think the regular label JV Made in Italy clothing is great quality. I wore a JV tuxedo at my wedding and it was really well made.

itsjustadrian

Reaction score
i'd wait on the WvG peacoat before deciding to make a purchase. it's supposed to be the bee's knees.

d-nice

Reaction score
when is the WvG peacoat available? any idea on what it looks like? there wasnt any info on it in the WvG thread. its starting to get cold so im looking to pull the triger in the next week or two.

dron10

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
Since it's already ordered, just try it on when it arrives and then exchange as needed.

Yea, that's what I'm going to do. I just needed someone to allay my fears (lest I must once again experience their terrible shipping process ). Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads