• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

amce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
what shoe trees should I order? is a boot tree better? does it really matter?

I use both shoe and boot trees. I'd go with the full heel Epic.

Cheers

ferguscan

Reaction score
what shoe trees should I order? somebody earlier mentioned Epic shoe trees like this

14.jpg

but is a boot tree better? does it really matter?

boot_tree.jpg

I use the Epic-style trees. When adjusted to the appropriate width, they work really well.

Stuart

Sharpe

Reaction score
http://img257.imageshack.us/i/img0806t.jpg/ http://img98.imageshack.us/i/img0805ef.jpg/ http://img91.imageshack.us/i/img0804b.jpg/ http://img65.imageshack.us/i/img0808e.jpg/ http://img230.imageshack.us/i/img0807g.jpg/ my replacements. Seem ok? They seem a little bulbous to me - some craftsman seem more or less sleek than others. Maybe I just haven't seen a CC in a while, but these craftsman might be bordering on CC Bulky? Hope not. I could well be imagining it or being too picky. They're probably fine.

amce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sharpe

my replacements. Seem ok? They seem a little bulbous to me - some craftsman seem more or less sleek than others. Maybe I just haven't seen a CC in a while, but these craftsman might be bordering on CC Bulky? Hope not.

I could well be imagining it or being too picky. They're probably fine.

IMHO they look just fine. Really handsome. Enjoy!

When I got home from work today, Monday, my Blaxlands from Bootsonline were waiting for me. Here's their shipping history (all times local):

Tue Oct 6, 6:24 pm Received at the processing center in Melbourne
Wed Oct 7, 3:10 am En route
Thu Oct 8, 9:45 pm Arrived Stockholm
Fri Oct 9, 9.13 pm Processed by customs and transfered for domestic delivery
Weekend wait
Mon Oct 12, Delivered at my home in southern Sweden.

Can't get much better than this.

I'll do some pics soon comparing the CC to the Blaxland.

Cheers

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amce
IMHO they look just fine. Really handsome. Enjoy!

When I got home from work today, Monday, my Blaxlands from Bootsonline were waiting for me. Here's their shipping history (all times local):

Tue Oct 6, 6:24 pm Received at the processing center in Melbourne
Wed Oct 7, 3:10 am En route
Thu Oct 8, 9:45 pm Arrived Stockholm
Fri Oct 9, 9.13 pm Processed by customs and transfered for domestic delivery
Weekend wait
Mon Oct 12, Delivered at my home in southern Sweden.

Can't get much better than this.

I'll do some pics soon comparing the CC to the Blaxland.

Cheers

It's shipping times like these that keep me buying from Barry at bootsonline! While he doesn't have any impact on actual transit time, he gets them out the door very quickly in my experience (a day). Both of my orders have then taken 4-5 days from Aus to New England.

psyc1030

Reaction score
sorry to hijack the thread, but anyone body interests in a brand new pair of Macquarie?size 9.5 and black. got it recently and they dun reli my style after all. so im just going to sell them for 300 AUD, if anyone interests, just PM me thanks

Sharpe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrick_b
It's shipping times like these that keep me buying from Barry at bootsonline! While he doesn't have any impact on actual transit time, he gets them out the door very quickly in my experience (a day). Both of my orders have then taken 4-5 days from Aus to New England.

His service is very good too. I bought my boots in-person in the physical store for bootsonline in melbourne.

rammie

Reaction score
Oh man, I should have gone with Barry. Would have saved me a couple of weeks. I'm looking at receiving my chestnut Wentworths in early december from Aussie Bush Hats.
frown.gif

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ordered from Boots Online on October 5th. got a call about 2 days later to confirm my order. today they arrived in Boston, exactly 8 days after ordering. pretty sweet. also, this was a Kangaroo Chestnut Comfort Craftsman which was *supposed* to be a MTO 4 week order, but they had my size in stock so they sent it right out. I am an 8.5 E in AE Park Avenue, ordered a 7.5G in the Roo CC and I think the size is just right. the sides are snug but not uncomfortably so, they should stretch out just right I think. v v nice boot, I have a couple other shoes I'm considering but I would love another pair of these! this is the true color:
roo1.jpg
closeup but flash is ruining the color:
roo2.jpg

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am an 8.5 E in AE Park Avenue, ordered a 7.5G in the Roo CC and I think the size is just right. the sides are snug but not uncomfortably so, they should stretch out just right I think.

That is the way to buy RM IMHO for non hard core work wear (aka outback Oz). They will stretch and become like you personal foot glove with the wonderful ankle support of the elastic sides.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can anyone comment on care for these boots (Roo Chestnut). I currently own 0 shoe care products (brush, wax, cream, whatever)

reading through this thread ferguscan said

the cream is this right?

35657m.jpg

and this is the polish?

35939m.jpg

I guess I need a brush like this to apply polish?

97076m.jpg

is that all right? anything else I need to buy to care for the boots? in what order is wax and polish put on? should I apply before I wear the boots outside for the first time?

other people talk about conditioner - is this the same thing as cream?

anyways, you can tell I'm confused, so if anyone could let me know what I need I will buy it
smile.gif

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok, never mind about the shoe polish, I found this post just a few back

(you can mail order from the RW William store in NYC)....I ordered a large jar of RMW Leather Conditioner and a tin each of RMW branded polish in the colors of my boots (black & chestnut). The prices were very reasonable and they charge an extra $10 for shipping via UPS Ground.
so I'm going to do that. I guess my other question is what "tools" do I need, if any? apply the conditioner with a towel or with a brush?

amce

Reaction score
ok, never mind about the shoe polish, I found this post just a few back so I'm going to do that. I guess my other question is what "tools" do I need, if any? apply the conditioner with a towel or with a brush?
I don't have anything in 'roo. Just yearling, mock croc (don't know what the base leather is here) and French veal calf and I now use RMW's conditioner and polish exclusively. My routine is: -Wipe off all dust and grime with a damp cloth -Let dry -Using a piece of an old cotton T-shirt wrapped around my index finger I rub in a small amount of RMW's conditioner. You don't need much - a little goes a long way. Work it all in. -After a couple of hours I buff with a horse hair brush and/or a soft cloth -Then I repeat the process using RMW's polish, using very, very little. -Finally I finish of with a fast rubbing of the toe and heel using a nylon stocking. I like these a little more shiny than the rest. I brush shine them up as needed after every wearing, polish every second week and use the conditioner about once per month. Once in a while I use an applicator brush like the one in your picture to work the goo into the heel seam and between the sole and the upper. It's a labour of love! Cheers

Sharpe

Reaction score
I picked up the conditioner and polish when I bought my boots. Won't apply them yet, but it's already there when I need to.

Is it ok to get the boots wet? As long as they're dried afterwards? They've got a leather sole too but I don't want to go out of my way to avoid days where it might rain.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads