• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kuala Lumpur or Singapore Airport for suit shopping

pescado

Reaction score
Hey people,

I am currently in Malaysia and heading to KL for a couple of days and then Singapore airport for 6ish hours before heading back to Australia.

Basically I'm trying to see whether or not it would be cheaper to buy in either of these places compared to Australia (I'm in Adelaide so range is limited there). If so would I be better off having a look around KL or Singapore airport?

Any hel would be great,
Marlon

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pescado
Hey people,

I am currently in Malaysia and heading to KL for a couple of days and then Singapore airport for 6ish hours before heading back to Australia.

Basically I'm trying to see whether or not it would be cheaper to buy in either of these places compared to Australia (I'm in Adelaide so range is limited there). If so would I be better off having a look around KL or Singapore airport?

Any hel would be great,
Marlon

- Yes & No, branded good are about the same & any airport will STING you.
- Can you be specific what you are looking for.
- Also, like all international airports have limited stock..
- FWIW I travel to SING once a month, HK/SHG every other month

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Singapore (Changi) airport is great as far as airports go, but I wouldn't recommend shopping for a suit there.

The shopping is quite good in KL.
As with a lot of other SE Asian cities, you can get a made-to-measure suit made quite quickly, but the quality will not be great. Otherwise, you have a wide selection of the usual upmarket fashion boutiques, as well as a lot of other choices. The last time I was there, I can recall seeing a Paul Smith store and a Marks and Spencers dept store. Isetan - a great Japanese dept store - also has an outpost in KL.

Therefore, given that you'll be in KL for some days, I'd have a bit of a look around there, rather than chancing my luck to airport retail.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I cant even think of anywhere at Changi that sells suits. Admittedly I've never really looked, but I have spent plenty of time wandering around that terminal and can't recall any wonderful suit buying opportunities presenting themselves to me.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ +1 on what M@t said.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread, but here I come:

I'll be in Kuala Lumpur for one week for business. Arrive Sunday morning around 7:30, leave Saturday evening at 20:30. Haven't been there before and most likely will be in the hands of my local colleagues for most days but I plan on having some excursions on my own.

What should I go see?
Where should I visit to satisfy my shopping needs and please my creditcard company?
I'm open for any suggestions, be it nice bars or restaurants, to some degree sightseeing or good shopping spots (shoes or cloth).

Cheers,
Phil

calvinloke

Reaction score
Try out Granoff in Kuala Lumpur. It's in The Gardens shopping centre. Do a google search and you can get the location.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Airport shopping is simply EXPENSIVE, no more , no less.

centrix

Reaction score
airport shopping is rarely worth the money

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KLCC might have something interesting but airport shopping usually don't cater to suit buyers. It's a place for tourist who need to buy some last minute gifts back home that are of a small size nature, e.g cosmetics, fragrances, sunglasses, etc.

neyus

Reaction score
Unfortunately there isn't miuch at KL in the way of suit shopping. They do have the brands like Brioni and Canali, but they are pretty expensive there. You could try Isetan. I recall seeing Pal Zileri there and another Department Store had Brooks Brothers. But the suits looked pretty crappy.

Better off getting something bespoke there and there should be a thread about it on here somewhere.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Szeph el ratón
Not to hijack this thread, but here I come:

I'll be in Kuala Lumpur for one week for business. Arrive Sunday morning around 7:30, leave Saturday evening at 20:30. Haven't been there before and most likely will be in the hands of my local colleagues for most days but I plan on having some excursions on my own.

What should I go see?
Where should I visit to satisfy my shopping needs and please my creditcard company?
I'm open for any suggestions, be it nice bars or restaurants, to some degree sightseeing or good shopping spots (shoes or cloth).

Cheers,
Phil

visit P.Lal for great shoes

BABuckeye

Reaction score
P. Lal was my first thought too, but that airport is so damn far from the city.

neyus

Reaction score
P.Lal is great. But they don't sell suits only shoes. I thought he was after suits.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
P.Lal is already on my list. Was planning to send them a mail to check for opening times and if the shoes I'm looking for are available in my size.

Now I only have to find some nice bars or restaurant but I hope my local workmates will be helpful in regards to this topic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads