• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official MMA thread

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe not just words, but he's so consumed with wanting to kick Rashad's ass that he cant see past it.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Maybe not just words, but he's so consumed with wanting to kick Rashad's ass that he cant see past it.

Yeah, that's what I heard earlier today. He just wants to thrash Rashad.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Rampage is a *************.

Originally Posted by Lendo
Rampage and his "coaches" are real pieces of ****

Assuming there's no camera editing trickery, that's what it looks like to me to. But:

Originally Posted by Rampage
So they give Machida the fight against Rashad & they told me they want me to coach TUF season 10 against Rashad. That's why I wanted Rashad to win so bad but when Rashad got knocked out I told them I wanted to fight Machida for the belt but Dana told me if I coach TUF against Rashad that I could fight Machida afterwards cause this was a different type of ultimate fighter show they were doing. After I signed the contract Dana then changes his mind & says I have to fight Rashad & even told me what to say in the press & so my fans think I was scared to fight Machida. After all that I still never complained & I did it all.

If what he's saying is true, he's not obliged to be a good coach. He never asked to be, he didn't want to be, so why should he be?

Of course, one could argue that he's there and might as well make the most of it.

Ultimately, however, if he's dealing with an organization that's dicking him around, he can put his feet up all day eating french fries and he's perfectly justified in what he does.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so the Rampage vs Evans fight will be a go if that's the case.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
If what he's saying is true, he's not obliged to be a good coach. He never asked to be, he didn't want to be, so why should he be?

Of course, one could argue that he's there and might as well make the most of it.

Ultimately, however, if he's dealing with an organization that's dicking him around, he can put his feet up all day eating french fries and he's perfectly justified in what he does.

I wouldn't say so. Even if it is true -- and it may be -- he's not just there for himself. His team depends on him, and he should be coaching to the best of his ability for them. I dislike him more every episode.

Lendo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
I wouldn't say so. Even if it is true -- and it may be -- he's not just there for himself. His team depends on him, and he should be coaching to the best of his ability for them. I dislike him more every episode.

x2
it's the principle of it, he's a coach and he should act accordingly. he's just trashing himself in the eyes of his fans.

Largo

Reaction score
Okay, either some Producer is messing with us, or this is just a terrible season. I mean, if this is the formula, I could pretty much predict every episode to come. I mean, after they're done editing, it almost looks like they scripted everything, including the fights.

Paul L

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
This is an interesting turn: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Fresh off of his quick ring exit.

I'm surprised both parties agreed to this one. A loss would be devastating for either of them. Ortiz is just returning to the UFC and needs some momentum, and Griffin just lost two in a row. I assumed they would build them up a bit before going straight to a rematch.

I'm definitely not complaining though, this should be an interesting fight to see how they've both improved.

r...

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Paul L
I'm surprised both parties agreed to this one. A loss would be devastating for either of them. Ortiz is just returning to the UFC and needs some momentum, and Griffin just lost two in a row. I assumed they would build them up a bit before going straight to a rematch.

I'm definitely not complaining though, this should be an interesting fight to see how they've both improved.

Im not. Tito still has some ppv draw to his name but is on his way out. Forrest is very likable but needs a big win to be marketable again. I doubt the brass at UFC is happy to have Ortiz back; regardless of performance, if it goes to decision Forrest takes the fight.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Aw Demico
frown.gif
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Currently he's training with Mark Messer at Ring Sports United. And has at least rolled locally with all the "big guys" up here. So far I've heard for the future, Greg Jackson for sure and maybe Couture have offered/talked to him as well as people in CA and etc. Demico said he wants to learn from anyone he can. He's probably going to travel around and do time with everyone.
Wa sai, he trains at RSU? I trained there when I worked at Pro Sports Club. They kept worrying I was going to steal their clients for personal training.
laugh.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Aw Demico
frown.gif

Wa sai, he trains at RSU? I trained there when I worked at Pro Sports Club. They kept worrying I was going to steal their clients for personal training.
laugh.gif

I trained there for a few months too back in the day.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok what the ****.

I ******* hate Shaub he's such a douchebag. I literally have just seen Demico tap out like 4 seconds before I posted this so I'm so angry that he could make such idiotic mistakes when he'd clearly outclassed Shaubb for the first 3 minutes of the fight. I cannot believe he lost like that.

I ******* hate this season so much I don't even know if I can keep watching.

Also, Rampage's interviews are hilarious but honestly leaving someone out to dry like that is just inexcusable.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I was surprised that he would get caught like that actually....but oh well.

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about those like power leaps that Demico was doing when he got on top?

They looked pretty explosive but are those moves amateur-ish and exploitable by better fighters?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alan
What about those like power leaps that Demico was doing when he got on top?

They looked pretty explosive but are those moves amateur-ish and exploitable by better fighters?

Yes, when you make motions like that which don't really allow you to fully control the direction of your limbs, you're like screaming "submit me".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics