• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
sorry guys my camera died so i had to use the cell phone. should be able to post more fit pics tonight.

IMG00045.jpg

Thank you! I like them both. From this angle the jump boot looks better but I think the NST probably looks better from all angles. And I do not normally like NST's.

jolla

Reaction score
Originally Posted by beowolf
Yea, I have spent so much over the years on cheap $100 shoes and having them look like crap in no time. I want a good long lasting pair of shoes that I can wear to work in an office and even with some jeans.

Definitely. What is cool about these boots is that you can really dial in their "dressiness" with the way you polish them. They look great all roughed up, but it's easy to take them to another level with some polish on the toes.

beowolf

Reaction score
Yea, i am really considering them. I have to see how things go next week.

Aerium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by beowolf
I agree with you. I am saving my pennies now. I went to the Alden Store in DC and fell in love with these: http://mysite.verizon.net/jaigo/4060.jpg

I want them now.

i have a pair of these from leathersoul. plaza instead of the grant last, which i think the dc store carries. have closeups somewhere in this thread. this shows the silhouette of the boot pretty well though i think.

img2384r.jpg

Aerium

Reaction score
^bradkid has a pair of the 4060s. he wore them w/ a geller suit the other day in waywt. they're nice, but the look of toebox bothers me. i prefer the sleekness of the plaza, but to each his own.

jolla

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aerium
^bradkid has a pair of the 4060s. he wore them w/ a geller suit the other day in waywt. they're nice, but the look of toebox bothers me. i prefer the sleekness of the plaza, but to each his own.

Those are really nice, Aerium. I go back and forth between wanting the Plaza or the Grant, but the fact that LSH is out of plaza cap-toe makes the decision pretty easy.

Fit pics coming when my 4060's arrive in a few days.

martjc786

Reaction score
what cut are those jeans aerium? i wear apc NS with my indys, and i feel like im wearing clown shoes.

Aerium

Reaction score
^acne mic's. note that plaza is sleaker than trubalance, so i'm not sure how they'd look with indy's. 7.8" leg opening iirc. not sure where tape is atm.

jolla

Reaction score
Originally Posted by martjc786
what cut are those jeans aerium? i wear apc NS with my indys, and i feel like im wearing clown shoes.

I always wore my rescues with my indy's, but am looking to get some NS and hopefully they look decent with my 4060's. Do you have any fit pics of the NS and Indy? I'm worried about the same thing (clown shoes) with that combo. Thanks!

martjc786

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jolla
I always wore my rescues with my indy's, but am looking to get some NS and hopefully they look decent with my 4060's. Do you have any fit pics of the NS and Indy? I'm worried about the same thing (clown shoes) with that combo. Thanks!
photo.jpg
apc NS + indy boot

jolla

Reaction score
Originally Posted by martjc786
photo.jpg

apc NS + indy boot

I don't think they look bad, martjc, but I kinda see what you're saying about the mis-proportion. The NS's look good with their wear, though!

foxnwolf

Reaction score
i got a pair of blutcher cordovan shoes. where the leather bends on top when i walk pinches the top of my foot. hurts like hell..

is there another alden cordovan style that won't do this?

jolla

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
i have both the nst and the jumper boots both are great but i have to say the nst is the best of the bunch.

So, for an interesting twist... I had ordered the Cap-toes from The Shoe Mart a couple days ago, but I really wanted the NST, I just didn't want the wait. Well, I just went onto the Shoe Mart website and noticed they put a bunch of boots up there including the NST in #8--ORDERED!!! Not sure what last it's on, but looks like it could actually be Aberdeen--see the attachments.

Also, wow, the NST in Ravello--SO HOT, but I really need something in #8.

The Shoe Mart new boot styles.

jolla

Reaction score
Originally Posted by foxnwolf
i got a pair of blutcher cordovan shoes. where the leather bends on top when i walk pinches the top of my foot. hurts like hell..

is there another alden cordovan style that won't do this?

Which shoe is it specifically? Sounds like either the size/width are wrong for you or the last doesn't agree with your foot shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads