• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wesley snipes is checkin out yo ass

they shrink more in the waist than they do in the thigh..

if the fit doesnt work for you, you could find something else that does

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Kiya: I looked but was unable to find the answer: is Selfedge offering a monthly discount on different models/manufacturers anymore, or is this history? Is it only Nudies now?
It's only Nudies now, we can barely keep anything in stock as it is to be offering any regular discounts..

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
It's only Nudies now, we can barely keep anything in stock as it is to offer a discount...

Edit

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's so confusing?
They shrink to tagged size, every single model with the exception of the SE05BSP.
They make about 15 different models, every single one shrinks to the tagged size.

So if I take a 33 in most jeans, I would take a 33 with the F310? I'm mostly concerned about the waist and the thighs.

Maybe a dumb question, but I'm assuming different time durations affect the amount of shrinking. If someone does one hot soak, should they expect more shrinkage after a second one later on?

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
So if I take a 33 in most jeans, I would take a 33 with the F310? I'm mostly concerned about the waist and the thighs.

Maybe a dumb question, but I'm assuming different time durations affect the amount of shrinking. If someone does one hot soak, should they expect more shrinkage after a second one later on?

Not a dumb question, but a very common one. Organic fibers behave in many different non-predictable ways depending on dozens of factors - thread size, weave type and density, sanforization, etc.

Water temperature, duration and agitation, drying technique all affect shrinkage and indigo loss. So, it's impossible to accurately predict except to actually shrink them.

Most significant shrinkage occurrs in the first soak, in the first 15 minutes or so. Hotter water = more first-time shrink. Later soaks and washes will usually return the jeans to their first post-soak size, but often stretch back out fairly soon.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK

mlyngard answered your shrinkage question very well.

In terms of sizing, what other jeans do you wear in size 33?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
mlyngard answered your shrinkage question very well.

In terms of sizing, what other jeans do you wear in size 33?

The only raw denim I've owned were KMW 1980s. The waist on those wasn't loose, but it didn't feel at all uncomfortable. Moreover, the thighs felt a bit too loose, even though I think I've got fairly big thighs.

What's prevented me from sizing down to a 32 elsewhere has always been my rear. Sizing down has generally meant nothing is left to the imagination when you look at my backside.

As I said, with the F310, my main concern would be the thighs and perhaps the waist. I know the waist would stretch probably to an ideal size. How much does the thigh tend to shrink?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
The only raw denim I've owned were KMW 1980s. The waist on those wasn't loose, but it didn't feel at all uncomfortable. Moreover, the thighs felt a bit too loose, even though I think I've got fairly big thighs.

What's prevented me from sizing down to a 32 elsewhere has always been my rear. Sizing down has generally meant nothing is left to the imagination when you look at my backside.

As I said, with the F310, my main concern would be the thighs and perhaps the waist. I know the waist would stretch probably to an ideal size. How much does the thigh tend to shrink?

I'd say a size 34 in the F310 would be the perfect fit for you, thighs shrink ~.4" after a hot soak.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiya, with these 32 BSP's, how much stretch do you think I will get in the thighs? Will it be a considerable amount since my thighs and quads are pushing so hard against the fabric?

jessetk313

Reaction score
Any new word on Skull Kiya? Will they be making any more jeans for this yr?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
Kiya, with these 32 BSP's, how much stretch do you think I will get in the thighs? Will it be a considerable amount since my thighs and quads are pushing so hard against the fabric?

You'll get about .5" of stretch after some long wear, but not much more. .5" is considerable in the thighs though.

Originally Posted by jessetk313
Any new word on Skull Kiya? Will they be making any more jeans for this yr?

Nope, hopefully this year, i wouldn't wait.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got into my post-soak IH 634 SRs for the first time - after steaming the waist open again
smile.gif
23.5 oz is serious weight denim. Makes my FHs feel lightweight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads