• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jolla

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
i know what you mean, i am pretty sure that the shoemart just got a stock of alden boots in. good luck.

Wow, great tip! Have they carried the NST boot before? I'll give them a call and see what they have. Thanks!

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jolla
Wow, great tip! Have they carried the NST boot before? I'll give them a call and see what they have. Thanks!

from what i recall they have

scotch grain calf wingtip burgandy barrie last i bought these
cordo # 8 wingtip barrie last
ravello, 8, and black shell 6 eyelet aberdeen last

all boots.

beowolf

Reaction score
i would get on leathersoul pre-order list save up and get aldens, i have went with less expensive boots and have always been disappointed. good luck.
I agree with you. I am saving my pennies now. I went to the Alden Store in DC and fell in love with these:
4060.jpg
I want them now.

rick

Reaction score
sorry guys my camera died so i had to use the cell phone. should be able to post more fit pics tonight.

IMG00045.jpg

beowolf

Reaction score
sorry guys my camera died so i had to use the cell phone. should be able to post more fit pics tonight.

IMG00045.jpg

nice

beowolf

Reaction score
I am going to New York to do a little siteseeing and shopping. I have about $1,000 to spend and I am really salivating over the cordovan boots but I have never made such a large shoe purchase.
blush.gif
And it doesn't help that my wife will be looking over my shoulder if I buy them
lookaround.gif

rick

Reaction score
here is what you do. pick out some boots, tap the salesmen and say i will call you later, then have them sent when your wife is not home. done and done. LOL

Omega Man

Reaction score
Distraction is your friend. Leave her at a different shop. The only thing YOU have to worry about is how much she will spend.
lol8[1].gif

beowolf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Omega Man
Distraction is your friend. Leave her at a different shop. The only thing YOU have to worry about is how much she will spend.
lol8[1].gif

Nice plan, I am gonna try it. Only thing, my wife is very clingy so I have to plan this right. I can tell her later I got them for only $100 bucks at Daffy's.
smile.gif

jon bones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by beowolf
Nice plan, I am gonna try it. Only thing, my wife is very clingy so I have to plan this right. I can tell her later I got them for only $100 bucks at Daffy's.
smile.gif

you're a hero and an inspiration
laugh.gif

jolla

Reaction score
I agree with you. I am saving my pennies now. I went to the Alden Store in DC and fell in love with these:
4060.jpg

I want them now.

Just picked those up from ShoeMart yesterday and saw that they shipped today--three days!!

jolla

Reaction score

IMG00045.jpg

Awesome, Rick--thanks! Damn those NST are HOT!!

jolla

Reaction score
I am going to New York to do a little siteseeing and shopping. I have about $1,000 to spend and I am really salivating over the cordovan boots but I have never made such a large shoe purchase.
blush.gif

And it doesn't help that my wife will be looking over my shoulder if I buy them
lookaround.gif

I hear you beowolf--went through the same thing about a year ago when I bought my cigar shell chukkas. I have to say that I love those babies and wear them all the time and that $600+ has long since been forgotten. Go for it!!!

beowolf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jolla
I hear you beowolf--went through the same thing about a year ago when I bought my cigar shell chukkas. I have to say that I love those babies and wear them all the time and that $600+ has long since been forgotten. Go for it!!!

Yea, I have spent so much over the years on cheap $100 shoes and having them look like crap in no time. I want a good long lasting pair of shoes that I can wear to work in an office and even with some jeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads