• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Frye Boots

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^the promotion text to those distressed boots on Fryes site makes me want to shoot myself...

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
^^the promotion text to those distressed boots on Fryes site makes me want to shoot myself...

Haha actually i agree, i saw them on Zappos before i went and looked at them on Frye's site. ******* ridiculous description but who cares. I can pretend i never read it if i keep them.

Dillardiv

Reaction score
^ Did you get them? I'm really digging them, but would love a fit pick.

splattered

Reaction score
I ordered em yeah, I should have them Monday
smile.gif

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I said this in this thread already, but I have been rather disappointed with the quality of my Brando Lace's. I got them 2 for $170 bucks or something like that, but they were not supposed to be seconds or anything, so I think I am justified. Unless, they were returned and instead of sending them back, the retailer just sent them to their outlet.

Anyhow, the eyelets are rough and jagged, to the point that about 10 wears in, the laces are almost ripped through. About half the eyelets on my brown and black pair are like this. And, the insole is not glued in very well. I have almost completely ripped it out, again in 10 wears. And I undo the laces very far down so I am not wrestling in and out of them.

My brown pair were somewhat distressed I suppose. They were not matched to each other very well. I had to spend quite a bit of time with black polish to darken one boot to match the other.

That is my vent.

splattered

Reaction score
I received them today.

They run a half size larger than normal, fyi.

The toe is slightly bulbous... they are made in mexico and it kind of shows.

When i handle them they look very similar to the Wolverine Montgomery except distressed... the leather seems the exact same type and quality. The soles feel like cheap wood.. in fact i can see some parts along the sole where it meets the leather where it looks like the stitching is making the wood splinter funky and the natural wood color shows where they didnt get painted. When i reached my hand inside a strip of velcro came out of the toe area? Weird. And part of the insole pulled away on top like it could come apart in layers... sort of strange.

The distressing isn't anywhere near as savage as shown in the pics which is good i suppose.

They aren't even half as comfortable to stand in as the Montgomerys were though = prob not a keeper. Esp considering they cost almost exactly the same.

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dillardiv
^wanna post a couple of fit pics?

Ahhh funny you ask today, i already got em packed up in the box and in the trunk of my car to send back today at lunch :/

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The description says it fits TTS, but I've heard Frye's sizing can be all over the place. Anyone wanna chime in here?

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the other dude just posted the link for them

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PatriotsFan
yeah saw that - except they don't have my size
angry.gif

Then why ask if you have to wait until spring to get them? Check endless.com. I saw these on there yesterday.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads