• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine's Heritage Line...

jessetk313

Reaction score
Rosenburg, could you post up a pic with your 1000k mile boot with jeans? I am yet to see the pairing and it is the only thing keeping me from getting them because I am worried they are bulbous because some believe them to be and others like yourself say they aren't. You think you could help me out?
thanks

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessetk313
Rosenburg, could you post up a pic with your 1000k mile boot with jeans? I am yet to see the pairing and it is the only thing keeping me from getting them because I am worried they are bulbous because some believe them to be and others like yourself say they aren't. You think you could help me out?
thanks

for sure. i gotta get some batteries for my camera but i should be able to get some pics up soon

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow -- toe isn't bulbous looking at all from that profile. Where did you end up getting them from ?

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
farinellis has them. no, they are not bad at all. any lower profile would start to look like a dress shoe

jessetk313

Reaction score
Thanks for the pic Rosenburg the boots look really good. Much better than I previously thought. Could you get a pic of the front somehow, maybe just looking down at them? Thanks, If I'm being to picky let me know haha. But they do look really good.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm planning on picking up a pair of the rust 1000 miles in the next couple of weeks.

i'm glad to see they are in fact slimmer than previously shown.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
from the top. i took this one outside so the shadows make them look a bit wider than they actually are

jessetk313

Reaction score
yea they look good man. I think I may get the brown ones. Maybe even rust. Do you know if farinelli's stocks the rust?

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessetk313
yea they look good man. I think I may get the brown ones. Maybe even rust. Do you know if farinelli's stocks the rust?

yeah they have rust and black. i havent seen the rust in person but the pics look badass

ThisSunday

Reaction score
Here's how the 1000k look in rust. I've had these for about six weeks.

P1010356.jpg

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These might be my winter boot. I was put off by how chunky they looked in pics I'd seen to this point. But the user-supply pics make them look just about perfect.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
These might be my winter boot. I was put off by how chunky they looked in pics I'd seen to this point. But the user-supply pics make them look just about perfect.

Definitely consider them - I think that they came out really nice. For a plain-toe, leather-soled US boot, I think they're some of the best out there.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyboyd know how these compare to RW GT's in size?

factorial

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier
The leather color, sheen and quality just didn't - well I'm just not feeling it.
I took a look at the brown Montgomery in person today at Hanig's in Chicago and have to agree. I actually was looking for a "dressier combat boot" (oxymoron?) but I thought the leather on the Montgomery looked cheap. (Actually the leather lining on the inside looked nicer than the outside.) They seemed pretty comfortable out of the box but the leather just isn't that nice. Guess I will have to keep looking... anyone have any ideas for a "dress" boot with a commando sole I can wear this winter?
Originally Posted by irbe
Anyboyd know how these compare to RW GT's in size?
For the Montgomerys at least, an RW GT runs at least 0.5 sizes larger. Can't speak specifically to the 1000 Mile.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads