• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone get this new look?

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by triniboy27
You mean like this?
2209RLtwoWeb.jpg

exactly. good find! because awesome brands make things better
bigstar[1].gif
Originally Posted by lasbar
very middle class geek chic...The barbour and other wax coated jacket are the apanage of the well to do in various countries... Only the Burberry's scarf is missing on that picture.. I don't get it ...I'm not against a pair of jeans and a great sportscoat or a jacket but the sockless oxfords...No. Is it one of these mixed looks , mixing uber classic components and shock details.. No redeeming point to save that hideous outfit.
"The barbour and other wax coated jacket are the apanage of the well to do in various countries" you make that sound like it's a bad thing. "no redeeming point" ?!?! seems a bit harsh. and i think a burberry scarf would push it over the top. obviously its not warm enough to warrant a scarf since he is not wearing socks.... the shoes, pants and vest are all really nice. the color of the coat is good too but it looks like it's from H&M.
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
^ i like the jacket and trousers on the guy on the left.
the guy on the right gets my stamp of approval. the jacket on the left is a bit too long and i don't like the color as much
Originally Posted by Ryan Graber
seems like a great way to get your shoes stanky.
uhhhhh....that's why you wear some anti-fungal/anti-odour/anti-moisture powder when you go sockless....

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of the SA's at the Chicago RL (Michigan Ave.) store is often dressed similarly. I've never seen him in jeans but he usually has on very slim pants w/ rolled hem, jacket, tie, and shoes sans socks.

kuwisdelu

Reaction score
I wear it sometimes. I like the jeans to dress things down a bit.

But I always wear socks. Not a fan of the sockless look.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kuwisdelu
I wear it sometimes. I like the jeans to dress things down a bit.

But I always wear socks. Not a fan of the sockless look.

I wear socks maybe once a week in the summer.. Well, more when I am running. Sure, i wear loafers like 50% of the time, but the rest it's oxfords and such. Totally not ashamed and love it.

bigstar[1].gif

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aparently that is a new style of some sort, but i'm with you I don't really get it. I have mixed jackets and jeans before but never an entire suit top vest an everything with such a casual bottom to me it just dosen't look right.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ohm
Oh God, his vest. It is so short.

I think it's more because his jeans are lowrise.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That look is from the early 1980's. I used to do that look. Wouldn't again though.
I refer to the look that the OP started the thread with, and not that human piniata posted later.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
very middle class geek chic...The barbour and other wax coated jacket are the apanage of the well to do in various countries...
Only the Burberry's scarf is missing on that picture..

I don't get it ...I'm not against a pair of jeans and a great sportscoat or a jacket but the sockless oxfords...No.
Is it one of these mixed looks , mixing uber classic components and shock details..

No redeeming point to save that hideous outfit.

It's pretty obvious you don't get it.

Middle class geek chic? Burberry scarf? Shock details?

Its a modern rendition of east coast prep perpetrated by fashion brands like Ralph Lauren and J. Crew. And it works...if you can pull it off.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it has its place, just as it is having its time, right now.

And to me, the more the everyday man comes to know timeless fashions and clothing items, the better for us all, because it creates a larger market for products we value, and ensures their availability further into the future.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I can guess the 3 SAs in the Atlanta store who would never do that look. I have to say though, even if they did that look, they'd still be the best dressed in Lenox.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
One of the SA's at the Chicago RL (Michigan Ave.) store is often dressed similarly. I've never seen him in jeans but he usually has on very slim pants w/ rolled hem, jacket, tie, and shoes sans socks.

Hahahahaha, you mean David, the really thin guy with crazy hair who works on the 2nd floor?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads