• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dynasty
Are jackets like this still in style these days?

http://www.6pm.com/product/7283086/color/81616

Ignore the brand, I just want to know if the style is still good to go with. Thanks.

Anything classic like that can be pulled off with some commitment and a good sense of style. Yes, it's still in style around here.

I'm still a Carhartt fan (especially the classic ones). Break it in and call it your own and nobody will question it. Pairs great with a good pair of jeans. If you're gonna wear Sears gear with it I can't help you though.

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Tailoring newbie question:

I have a flathead houndstooth shirt that I really like but it doesnt fit the way I like. The smaller size was too small in the stomach area.

Is it easy for a tailor to shorten the length on the shirt without damaging it? Thanks.

lpastor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
Whats a good black sneaker under < 150.....

Looking at these:

shoes_iaec1127902.jpg

superga_black_leather.jpg

Superga can be found under 70 at amazon
plus they come in canvas and leather

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is common projects sizing in achilles?!?

I wear an 8 in JP's and 8.5 in nike.......should i go with a 40 or 41?

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
How is common projects sizing in achilles?!?

I wear an 8 in JP's and 8.5 in nike.......should i go with a 40 or 41?

Already answered you in another thread, but: 40.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
theres is no reason to spend 150 on black low tops unless you just really have to spend money

catdaddy123

Reaction score
I kind of like the clothes at the GAP, but I'd like something a bit nicer.

Are there some comprable places to get clothes online to the gap? 50 to 250 dollars per shirt or pants is what i'd like to be spending, w/o overpaying. So if it's worth it to go elsewhere, I'm willing to pay more than what they charge at the gap.

gracias

The Day Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by catdaddy123
I kind of like the clothes at the GAP, but I'd like something a bit nicer.

Are there some comprable places to get clothes online to the gap? 50 to 250 dollars per shirt or pants is what i'd like to be spending, w/o overpaying. So if it's worth it to go elsewhere, I'm willing to pay more than what they charge at the gap.

gracias

If you want something comparable in style but for a bit more I would check out J. Crew. That will still be on the lower end of your price range.

anko

Reaction score
Looking for a jacket like this one. A casual sort of cross between a blazer and a jacket. Any recommendations? Is there a proper name for this sort of thing?
jacket.jpg

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Request for everyone who posts answers here with less than two months worth of posts on SF: Can you please cool it with the bland recommendations? Don't recommend a brand to ppl without asking for more info. Why would you recommend J.Crew to someone with a $50-250 budget for shirts?
Originally Posted by catdaddy123
I kind of like the clothes at the GAP, but I'd like something a bit nicer. Are there some comprable places to get clothes online to the gap? 50 to 250 dollars per shirt or pants is what i'd like to be spending, w/o overpaying. So if it's worth it to go elsewhere, I'm willing to pay more than what they charge at the gap. gracias
The perfect answer is Burkman Brothers, as they previously designed for Gap and they now make "higher-end" shirts. They have designs that pop without looking tacky. You can go a few other routes with this: Band of Outsiders and APC at Farinelli's both make well-cut shirts with simple styling, and their aesthetic fits in well with Gap. If you wait a few dayas, Mauro from Farinelli's will be releasing some awesome shirts in the $175 range under the Wolf vs. Goat brand. Alternatively, Paul Smith makes a louder shirt than APC or BoO--this fits with your desire for a "louder shirt" without looking distasteful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads