• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viccel.com socks

BareSolid

Reaction score
Has anyone any experience ordering with this company? They are based in Turkey and provide very cheap socks (around £2.50 per pair) in cotton lisle. Long socks (over the calf) are also sold but we don't really wear those much in England.

I ordered two pairs, in green and claret in size 43 (which I believe to be a British size 9). I shall give a review when I get them.

ranker

Reaction score
I've purchased their entire range (1 of each color) of their over the calf socks. Their socks have stayed up on the initial wear. I have not yet had the chance to launder them in order to determine if their ability to stay up remains post wash. The construction appears to be solid.

The only problem I experienced had nothing to do with the sock itself but rather the method of shipping. The socks (14 total purchased) were sent to me in three separate packages. I was not aware of this prior to placing my order. I was only informed after I sent an inquiring email on why the package sent to me only contained 6 pairs. I was told that in order to keep costs down, socks were mailed in batches of 6. While I do not mind their attempts at keeping costs down, I was agitated that it took a span of two weeks before my entire order came in. The first package came in about a week and a half after I placed my order. The next package came 4 days after the initial. The last package with the remaining socks did not come in until 10 days after that. Please be aware that large orders will be split up and that you'll be at the mercy of mail carrier.

My final review will be presented once all of the socks have been worn and washed a few times to see how they hold up.

BareSolid

Reaction score
Oh I don't have much hope for the delivery of things in general. The poor old Post Office workers have been striking a lot lately, the postmasters are working them to the bone apparently.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BareSolid
Has anyone any experience ordering with this company? They are based in Turkey and provide very cheap socks (around £2.50 per pair) in cotton lisle. Long socks (over the calf) are also sold but we don't really wear those much in England.

I ordered two pairs, in green and claret in size 43 (which I believe to be a British size 9). I shall give a review when I get them.

You may like the claret. You won't like the green. The colours are very intense.

BareSolid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
You may like the claret. You won't like the green. The colours are very intense.
Ah... I was hoping to wear the green (which looks very dull on the site) with my dark olive flannels I got from Pakeman, Catto & Carter recently.

uiriamu

Reaction score
Got a couple of these recently, as I was looking for over-the-calf dress socks to replace my cheap mid-calf department store brands. I was looking at Gold Toe, Pantherella, etc. but the Viccel are so inexpensive, especially when you click on the link in Kemal Onyurt's signature for a Style Forum discount.

I got Navy Blue and Black in US 9-11.5 for my size 10 feet. Looked too big when I got them but tried them on and they fit very well and seem to be well-constructed.

Kemal says that the colors won't fade with washes, which is a pet peeve of mine. If they hold their color, don't shrink and hold their elasticity over multiple washes, then I will buy all my cotton socks from them.

Jury's still out on longevity, but seems like a great deal so far, and worth a try since they're priced right. Customer service seems great too - Kemal responded to my PMs almost immediately.

amce

Reaction score

Check out this thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=101356

Cheers

Batini

Reaction score
I have bought actually few pairs, arrived quickly to NY packed nicely into plastic envelope. A quality I would call 8.5 of 10. BTW washed each pair already twice and color remains "vivid" and solid. Consider a fact that they ask for your feet size
inlove.gif
comparing to other makers who marks socks sizes as 7-12
devil.gif
Honestly, nothing to loose trying, a quality of the socks is top notch. I'm currently waiting for thicker line.

voodoochile78

Reaction score
I bought something like 10 pairs of Viccel socks. I'm quite pleased with them, and when you factor in the cheap price, these are a fantastic deal.

They are on the thin side, and being pure cotton, they are very breathable. I've been wearing cheap socks made out of synthetic material for so long that these felt quite nice.

Customer service was also very good. They check in on you and make sure that you are happy and that your order got to you ok.

BareSolid

Reaction score
I have heard, though, that the navy is actually not navy, but dark blue and other colour issues. I've also heard that they are introducing thicker socks. We'll see about how that works out, I might consider going to the knee-length socks as an experiment.

I might stand out a bit though having knee length socks AND a cutaway shirt... do you think I might get arrested?

amce

Reaction score
I might stand out a bit though having knee length socks AND a cutaway shirt... do you think I might get arrested?

Well, for anyone to know that you're wearing knee length you'd have to take your pants off or be wearing shorts and for that you should be arrested.
wink.gif

Cheers

corskc

Reaction score
I took delivery of their OTC socks recently and am quite impressed with the fit and quality. Customer service is top notch with quick turnaround on email.

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Thank you all for kind words,

About shipping time, we plan to add fast shipping option too.

Viccel socks are double mercerized and gazzed and those processes make our socks very bright and smooth surface and some colors like green and pink seems lighter and we changed the reciepent to make them darker.

Some clients from northern europe and Canada wanted us produce thicker socks, I think we can make thicker socks ready in 10 days. I will inform here when they are ready.

If you have further question you can send me message or send e-mail via our web site. All questions will be answered.

mimile

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KemalOnyurt
Thank you all for kind words,

About shipping time, we plan to add fast shipping option too.

Viccel socks are double mercerized and gazzed and those processes make our socks very bright and smooth surface and some colors like green and pink seems lighter and we changed the reciepent to make them darker.

Some clients from northern europe and Canada wanted us produce thicker socks, I think we can make thicker socks ready in 10 days. I will inform here when they are ready.

If you have further question you can send me message or send e-mail via our web site. All questions will be answered.

Kemal,
I like very much the socks you make. It would be a good idea to make thicker ones (may be double the weight?)

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mimile
Kemal, I like very much the socks you make. It would be a good idea to make thicker ones (may be double the weight?)
The weight will be 33% thicker than you have because we want smooth and bright surface in our products they must be noticeable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads