• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unexpected encounters with celebrities

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this was pretty wierd - I was waiting to board a plane last night from Sao Paulo to Mexico City, and there is this guy, about 50, highlighted hair, dark tan, good looking, with sort of a bar body - I actually thought that he might have pec implants. he's wearing sunglasses (at midnight indoors), a sheer black tee with a V neck and cut high to show his arms, very faded jeans and gucci laufers with long pointed toes, in white. then, a white watch with a lot of diamonds, 4 or 5 bracelets, and a bunch of rings, as well as a few necklaces. carrying YSL luggage.

about 20-30 people come up to him and ask him for his autorgraph or to be photographed with him, while we are waiting to board the plane.

once on the plane, everybody who passes stops and talks to him, another 20-30 take his picture. all the flight staff, including the pilots come out to take his picture.

I had never seen anything like it before.

anyway, as we are boarding, he is right in front of me - he looks at me and says (in english, but not native) "I wear a girls watch and have girls suitcase, but I am all man!" and makes a muscle in his bicep like little boys do.

I asked him if he was a soap star, and he says "oh, no, I have no idea why all these people want my picture"

anyway, he's a plastic surgeon - http://www.eonline.com/on/shows/dr90...bios/index.jsp

the guy on the left.

anyway, I found the whole think freaky weird

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
this was pretty wierd - I was waiting to board a plane last night from Sao Paulo to Mexico City, and there is this guy, about 50, highlighted hair, dark tan, good looking, with sort of a bar body - I actually thought that he might have pec implants. he's wearing sunglasses (at midnight indoors), a sheer black tee with a V neck and cut high to show his arms, very faded jeans and gucci laufers with long pointed toes, in white. then, a white watch with a lot of diamonds, 4 or 5 bracelets, and a bunch of rings, as well as a few necklaces. carrying YSL luggage.

about 20-30 people come up to him and ask him for his autorgraph or to be photographed with him, while we are waiting to board the plane.

once on the plane, everybody who passes stops and talks to him, another 20-30 take his picture. all the flight staff, including the pilots come out to take his picture.

I had never seen anything like it before.

anyway, as we are boarding, he is right in front of me - he looks at me and says (in english, but not native) "I wear a girls watch and have girls suitcase, but I am all man!" and makes a muscle in his bicep like little boys do.

I asked him if he was a soap star, and he says "oh, no, I have no idea why all these people want my picture"

anyway, he's a plastic surgeon - http://www.eonline.com/on/shows/dr90...bios/index.jsp

the guy on the left.

anyway, I found the whole think freaky weird

What a douchebag. Inexplicable.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's got a reality show on E! (Dr. 90210). He's Brazilian. He's actually really weird on the show.. does a bunch of martial arts and stuff... in a weird way, like Marc Walhberg in Boogie Nights.

brlfvr

Reaction score
Joe Montana at south coast plaza in oc, ca. His hair is almost completely grey. He was by himself and dressed very casual.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just spent the evening hanging out at a bar in Dallas with Timothy Busfield. We wound up talking to the same girl. He spent lots of time with her, but ultimately I got her number. Nice guy. Very drunk, but a nice guy.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
He's got a reality show on E! (Dr. 90210). He's Brazilian. He's actually really weird on the show.. does a bunch of martial arts and stuff... in a weird way, like Marc Walhberg in Boogie Nights.

yeah, he did this "kick" while waiting to board the plane - swung his foot to about head level, but with poor form and no power. sort of out of nowhere, no context. very weird.

the guy went to Harvard Medical School, I think. I don't know what the **** is going on in his head

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the guy went to Harvard Medical School, I think. I don't know what the **** is going on in his head
I'm pretty sure he went to Tufts for Medical School and maybe Tulane for residency. I think his affiliation with Harvard Medical School is just from a six month or one year cosmetic surgery fellowship.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hopkins_student
I'm pretty sure he went to Tufts for Medical School and maybe Tulane for residency. I think his affiliation with Harvard Medical School is just from a six month or one year cosmetic surgery fellowship.

makes sense

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, he did this "kick" while waiting to board the plane - swung his foot to about head level, but with poor form and no power. sort of out of nowhere, no context. very weird.

plastic surgery is HUGE in south america....

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
plastic surgery is HUGE in south america....

yeah, that's true - but I still didn't think it was that huge. I have never seen so many people wanting an autograph or picture.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is kinda gay and not really an "encounter", but I watched the September Issue with my girlfriend (for free) a couple of weekends ago. Later that day we were walking in Greenwich Village and walked right by Grace Coddington. She was featured in the film more than Anna Wintour was.

Strange coincidence.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see Papa John every now and then; he lives a mile from my house.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Evander Hoyfield in the Heights area of Houston.

Really nice and positive guy. Shorter than I thought he would be but obviously still in shape.

Though he has his main residence and assets in Atlanta I believe, I think Holyfield has a place in Houston too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads