• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got that new Halo ODST. It's hot! I'm shootin' throwing granades. Nuts.

Lachy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
****. the xbox was working for a month and now rrod. ******* siht

I feel your pain. And I'm pretty sure I'm out of even the extended warranty now. This **** never used to happen with the NES!

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
You can date Naoto on the first playthrough, you just basically have to use a guide to make sure your answers are perfect and you start your relationship at the very first opportunity. I chose Rise both times.
laugh.gif
Actually the second time through I picked Ai because I wanted to see what her storyline was like, but since she dumps you around level 9 you can choose a different girl, and I picked Rise again. Yukiko always seemed boring and Chie reminds me of girls RL in my past who like me but I never liked back. My favorite part about the game is keeping in the theme of "persona," meaning that you're constantly wearing a mask. You're rewarded for telling people what they want to hear, regardless of whether or not it's the truth. I love it. The ultimate Persona is cool looking and obviously fits the main character well, but he's not super useful because he learns a very small set of skills and doesn't get any super big physical attacks, like deathbound or agyenastra (or whatever its called). Of course his stats are so incredibly good that you can pretty much only use physical attacks and do more damage, but still..

Hmm, the guide I have (that Doublejump one) says Naoto's only available on the second playthrough. Never tried it on my first. I chose Yukiko because stockings are awesome. And also the scene where you reject her is incredibly depressing. SPOILER ALERRRRRT I took another approach towards interpreting the Persona theme. The MC was unique in that he was pretty much given the Persona ability by fiat due to Izanagi's scheme, but by choosing the correct answers on his Social Links he forms an understanding of others. The power of Persona comes from the heart, and the nature of one's heart is reflected in the Persona. Look at what happened to Adachi. Adachi manipulated everyone for the entirety of the game, and at times he did tell people what they wanted to hear. His heart was corrupt, and so was his Persona, Magatsu Izanagi, with all its weird glowy veins. The MC on the other hand was just a normal guy, and his Persona looked "normal."

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dead Space Extraction (Wii) looks incredible. I cant believe it, but this is a genuinely AAA mature game on the Wii - voice acting, graphics, storyline, gameplay, everything is tight as **** and really well-done.

You name-dropped two of my favorite games -- Ico, SOTC -- and are waiting for Heavy Rain like me, so let me ask your opinion: is there any reason for me to own a Wii?

I already own a PS3, but the Wii looks like it might hit a certain gaming spot (No More Heroes, Metroid Prime 3, old-school games). Is there anything worth playing on there?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
You name-dropped two of my favorite games -- Ico, SOTC -- and are waiting for Heavy Rain like me, so let me ask your opinion: is there any reason for me to own a Wii? I already own a PS3, but the Wii looks like it might hit a certain gaming spot (No More Heroes, Metroid Prime 3, old-school games). Is there anything worth playing on there?
There's a decent smattering of good games, and a few amazing ones - but if I consider the amount of money it would cost for a Wii ($200) and compare that with the cost of 3-4 PS3 games, I'd go with the PS3 games in a heartbeat. There are so many good ones coming out in the next 6 months - Uncharted 2, Ratchet & Clank: Crack in Time, Bayonetta, Gran Turismo 5, Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3.. I'd rather just spend the time and money on those ones and wait till Mario Galaxy 2 before I looked at the Wii again. Dead Space Extraction IS really good though. I'd heartily recommend it to anyone who has a Wii. Lots of good notes, no real bad notes. If money isn't a primary concern, then yea, you should get a Wii because of games like Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3. SPOOOILLERS (persona 4)
I took another approach towards interpreting the Persona theme. The MC was unique in that he was pretty much given the Persona ability by fiat due to Izanagi's scheme, but by choosing the correct answers on his Social Links he forms an understanding of others. The power of Persona comes from the heart, and the nature of one's heart is reflected in the Persona. Look at what happened to Adachi. Adachi manipulated everyone for the entirety of the game, and at times he did tell people what they wanted to hear. His heart was corrupt, and so was his Persona, Magatsu Izanagi, with all its weird glowy veins. The MC on the other hand was just a normal guy, and his Persona looked "normal."
There are a lot of neat things and some cool symbolism in the Persona games. The writers are really keen people so there's a lot more to it than just one or two ways of looking at it. The subject is very multi-faceted, and what I mentioned is just one of the many ways they go about expressing the general theme of both P3 and P4 - that life is a miserable experience if you try to go it alone.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of neat things and some cool symbolism in the Persona games. The writers are really keen people so there's a lot more to it than just one or two ways of looking at it. The subject is very multi-faceted, and what I mentioned is just one of the many ways they go about expressing the general theme of both P3 and P4 - that life is a miserable experience if you try to go it alone.

P4 was brilliant in every way. I wasn't sure they could top the island vacation in P3, but they did just that with the school campout, the culture festival, and every little vignette of the guys (and girls) just hanging out. In P3 I had the impression that I was just some dude in a big city, and that my dormmates were all busy with their own lives. It's totally the opposite in P4.

I have the Persona PSP remake here now. I need to play it but I MUST GET TO LEVEL 25 IN AION

Edit: My rationale for what I posted about the nature of Persona comes from what Igor says in the beginning: That the power of Persona comes from the heart, and that the heart is strengthened through bonds. SOCIAL LINKS SOCIAL LINKS SOCIAL LINKS

Here's a good P4 spoof comic. It had me in stitches the entire time because it is so true. http://hiimdaisy.livejournal.com/26044.html#cutid1

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone recommend some iPhone games?

I'm looking a for good:

-Tower defence

-RPG

-Story based adventure game

-Insanely simple arcade type game.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I haven't played a video game for about a month but I have to say I like the new PS3 ad campaign. The greatest line spoken in a commercial in a while?

"I heard a rumour you were making the PS3 $299. Confirm or deny?"
"$299? Bernie, you can't believe everything you read on the internet. That's how World War I got started."

So what's "Persona"? This seems like something I should've heard of.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
"I heard a rumour you were making the PS3 $299. Confirm or deny?"
"$299? Bernie, you can't believe everything you read on the internet. That's how World War I got started."

There's a story behind that. The price drop got leaked and dam near everyone knew about it and even the big news sites were reporting it, yet you had Sony lawyers going around issuing cease and desists to all these blogs and sites as if there was a secret still left to keep. The ad was to parody how dumb their own legal department is.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
drool.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
G33k, you still going in Aion?

Anyone aware of an upcoming mmo? I might have to go back to WoW for a few months.

Brian SD

Reaction score
dusty, that game looks fuckin sweet.

Are you planning on getting Demon's Souls? it's also from From Software, and it's really, really great. Highly recommended.

JD, persona 3 and 4 are hip Japanese rpgs starring teenagers who need to save the world from humanity's emotions (jealousy, depression, etc.). Good stories, sincere characters, etc. Really fun games, and a high level of challenge too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads