• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You seem to always give off a 'casual guy in dressy clothes' vibe, in that the clothes don't look appropriate on you. I think it has to do with the fact that the little details are not given much thought, details such as buttoning your collar, showing the 'right' amount of sleeve, standing with good posture and most importantly getting clothes in cuts that fit and flatter your body (which I don't think you've quite done here). Also agree with hair comment above, the buzz cut definitely adds to the 'casual guy' vibe.

mikmit

Reaction score
not much i can do with my hair..military
frown.gif

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
military should let Asian guys keep the hair and rock out

My gf asked me to wear white and black in a "suit", did the best I could, felt bad knowing more of my clothes don't fit and need tailoring.

255v2pv.jpg

ahk1979

Reaction score
Sorry for the blurriness.

Denim
British Millerain cotton
Mohair
Oxford cloth

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikmit
not much i can do with my hair..military
frown.gif

surely you can do a little more than the flowbee though, right? You have small fro right now, it's like a diet low calorie fro, with no soul. If the Hitler jugend had nice hair, I'm sure you can do better than the flowbee.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
nice, ahk. I'm not huge on brown or contrast buttons on dark colors like that (Id probably swap buttons) but your fit is immaculate

ahk1979

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
2 days of looking after my Niece & Nephew, 1 more to go!

Dang it's cold, so why is she in a sleeveless top (not complaining.. Maybe word is out that there is competition..
PA040045-4.jpg
PA040082-4.jpg

That is a really cute Westie. I've always wanted one.

Oh yeah, as always, you look great too.

Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by reprehensible
I have a plea: if anyone feels compelled to say something about Uncontrol, could you please try to make it original?

If others are saying the same thing, then maybe something to think about?

Honest truth, I asked because at first I was wondering.

Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Photo220.jpg

for a doctor you're sure not well versed in human anatomy

Oh my... I see it now... I see I was too taken up with looking at the face and hair. I'd make an even worse detective.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
DSC_0008-2.jpg
Rag & Bone hat Martin Margiela bomber H&M t-shirt Ann Demeulemeester pants Augusta shoes

Just saw this in the pictures only thread. My mind is blown! Awesome fit Vanna.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
A lot of people on this forum look ridiculous. Everyone looks either ridiculous or boring. Lots of dudes spend an absolute fortune to look completely mediocre. There might be 3 or 4 guys here who actually have "style."

Uncontrol is obviously over the top and flamboyant, but at least his fits are creative and eye catching, unlike the rest of the styleforum borg.

Originally Posted by lance konami
You're one of them actually.

Fuuma
Get Smart
Saucemaster (back in the day)
Rye GB
Brian SD

There are occasionally some pretty cool fits from others, but come on, you've got to admit that styleforum is something of a misnomer.

If someone is looking for inspiration for style, I wouldn't suggest this place. It's more of a place to learn the basics.

GTFO, this is pure nostalgia.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
GTFO, this is pure nostalgia.
Oh, he will get out. Lance's M.O. is to pop in every few months, give the forum a dose of his "honesty," and then hide back in the SF closet. I predict he'll be back again once the forum is in hibernation around Jan/Feb and then break it down for us again with the exact same list of users.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
Reminds me of the 'rock purists' from my parents' generation - nothing will ever possibly compare to Led Zeppelin (nevermind they're completely ignorant of modern rock outside nickelback)
Yup. It's not surprising that the list is entirely comprised of people that posted regularly back when he was active on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads