• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, picking a jean that will look better in the rear that I have problems with on my 3sixteen straights:
YxBEdl.jpg
1) Real Japan Blues 106BSP 2) Imperial Dukes I'm actually looking for something higher rise as I'm tall at 6'3" so I'm leaning towards imperial dukes. I also heard that jeans with a higher rise might fix the problem. Are there any other self edge jeans that are high rise? Do you think I should go with Imperial Dukes?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think those look fine. Then again, I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't think it should look like your ass is swallowing your jeans.

givemefive

Reaction score
the RJB fit me well, i think i'm pretty similar build to you

I've never tried on imperials, i don't like the pockets

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Another fresh shipment of new garments have come in from Japan including some highly anticipated items from Iron Heart and Buzz Rickson.

Iron Heart has done a great chambray shirt in three colors, all of which are the heaviest chambray material we've ever seen. Great fit and strong as steel snap buttons make up the most intense chambray shirt we've ever had.

Buzz Rickson releases a period correct Navy Wool Flannel CPO shirt that's a beautiful reduced wool in navy color that's soft and extremely wearable, perfect for the winter months. Also from Buzz Rickson is a black loopwheeled crewneck with a tube body design for that very specific vintage feel and fit.

Sugar Cane has also produced a new workshirt made of a 100% natural indigo dyed cotton fabric that washes down to a beautfiul hue of blue.

All these items are now available at SESF, SENY, and in our online store. Check the online store product pages for hi-res images, measurements, and far more specs than you probably need for a shirt:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/

Iron Heart Super Heavy Chambray Shirts
ironheart_shirts_web.jpg

ironheart_black_01_web.jpg

ironheart_red_01_web.jpg

ironheart_sleeve_web.jpg

ironheart_side_web.jpg

ironheart_inside_web.jpg

Buzz Rickson Navy Wool Flannel CPO Shirt
buzz_wool_01_web.jpg

buzz_wool_03_web.jpg

Buzz Rickson Black Loopwheeled Crewneck
buzz_black_01_web.jpg

buzz_black_03_web.jpg

Sugar Cane Indigo Check Workshirt
sugarcane_striped_01_web-1.jpg

sugarcane_striped_03_web-1.jpg

fashunhor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sigmatic
^ umm, those are unsanforized, right?

if so, you have to soak them to get the shrinkage out...

Yes of course they need a soak but most of the research that I have done led me to believe that they should fit close to the way you want them to pre-soak, just a little looser. These are really loose. They are my first pair of unsanforised so I am open to surprises.

fashunhor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
You bought them from Self Edge?
Why not just exchange them for a smaller size?

Kiya I wish that I did. I thought that you were out of the 1001s so I got them directly from Flathead UK. Do you have any 32 or 31 in the NY or SF stores? That would be awesome!

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kiya, you mentioned last spring SE was going to be carrying The Real McCoy's starting in June. Whatever happened to that?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Kiya, you mentioned last spring SE was going to be carrying The Real McCoy's starting in June. Whatever happened to that?

We've shifted our focus a bit due to how difficult it was to get what we wanted from Real McCoy's.. it's going to happen, but not sure when at this point. The Steam Locomotive comes in this fall including jeans and accessories. Amazing stuff, especially the denim which has the color depth of Flat Head but the abrasiveness of Samurai..

Originally Posted by dmash1080
Kiya, will you guys get any more of the Flat Head Navy Chambrays in stock? The ones found here:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=283

We'll have more this fall when they release the new collection.

mfais

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
The Steam Locomotive comes in this fall including jeans and accessories. Amazing stuff, especially the denim which has the color depth of Flat Head but the abrasiveness of Samurai.

are the cuts vintage?

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiya,

I have the IH 634S. I've lost a bit of weight since original purchase, is there any washing/drying method to make the waist shrink a bit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics