• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Again, would someone kindly inform me on what the he'll J+ is? Thanks

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one answer, please.
lol8[1].gif

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
GoSurface and BerlinReport do anti-fit/loose silhouette **** all the time. You could even argue that Barims sort of does too. I will attempt as well sometime in the near future. It's not tough to make look good as long as you have the basics down (biggest issue for most people), you're careful with proportions and the clothes look nice. Ervell is a slightly relaxed fit that for FW09 swings back and forth between slim and very relaxed. Simply sizing up on in a blazer will not achieve the look. If you look at all those pics you posted that you said look like J+...there are maybe two or three pieces that you could actually say "This is the same as this piece!" There are really big differences in cut and detail, not to mention fabric, construction etc... Basically you're arguing that mall brands can achieve fashion looks which is just wrong. They can be integrated and substituted for fashion pieces, but I would say it's impossible to replicate the subtle nuances of fashion concepts with mall brands, whether it be fit, color, hand, texture, materials, just the feeling you get from the clothes, etc...
im not arguing that mall brands can achieve fashion looks, im arguing that ervell is not a fashion look, its like an upscale mall brand look i feel like the uniqlo/jcrew shopper needs something really compelling to make them spend 5x more on a piece of clothing. people often look at designer clothes and say, "i cant believe anyone would spend 500+ on this jacket when i could get something similar at <insert x store, in ervell's case i think its j+> for 150" sure i could point out details and other cute little features, but i would rather just be wearing something so cool that no one would make that comment in the first place, esp. if im dropping that kind of money (like my RL hoodie with the chinese characters)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
someone come fix thread plz

We need to ban this 2sweet wannabe.

I'm confused as to why he's even here, oh wait it's to peddle his wares from the outlets in the classifieds.

Coco it's jil sander for uniqlo, you know, the lady that had nothing to do with her own mens line is doing a mens line for uniqlo.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
We need to ban this 2sweet wannabe. I'm confused as to why he's even here, oh wait it's to peddle his wares from the outlets in the classifieds. Coco it's jil sander for uniqlo, you know, the lady that had nothing to do with her own mens line is doing a mens line for uniqlo.
who is 2sweet? before my time? ediT: did a search and found him tbh i like a lot of the stuff on SF, just not ndg/ervell, i got a w+h hoodie for super cheap off ebay (like 40 bux) and i like it.. dont know how i would feel about it if it was 100, like most people pay for them though... at that price would probably get rlbl hoodies usually there is a higher end designer version of the midlevel stuff people here like made of more lux materials... im the kinda guy who would rather pay 600 for a dior coat on sale than 600 on ndg full retail, not just cuz im a brand whore, but because as hard as ndg tries the materials just dont feel as nice as dior (or costume or whatever other designer brand i happen to find making the exact same thing--with this season its the varsity jacket that every designer has a version of, why not just wait until sale time and buy the most lux one from the highest end designer... of course its not gonna sell out)

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think its the flash. Very nice and thick pants. I was going to purchased it but already have the summer jeans in a similar color.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads